↠ C . 7

Drowning

Drowning...

The ray of sunlight rippled on the water above her, teasing her, mocking at her vulnerable state. The tide had taken over her; she was at its mercy. Her arms and legs were heavy, her heart was numb.

She kicked viciously through the water and felt an intense pain at the back of her head

Panic faded into numbness, her heartbeat slowed down increasingly.

She wanted to cry out for help, regretting it, but she couldn't bring enough air into her lungs. Gulped down the earthy organic taste unwillingly, she let the water flow through her trachea while trying to breathe. She ended up choking and coughing. She could feel her lungs screaming for air, crying out, legs and arms thrashed around wildly.

Like being trapped in another world where she couldn't breathe or escape. The air supply ran out and her mouth instinctively opened for air. Icy-cold water infiltrated her lungs. Her throat burned as if a thousand arrows of blue flames enforced down.

Thrashing herself in an invisible prison, hope slowly dissipated. Death lurked around the corner. Her body was quickly becoming exhausted.

She was falling further into an unconscious state. The sudden force of water pushing her deeper into the darkness along the moving waves to another destination.

She slightly opened her eyes to spot a figure making its way towards her like a fallen angel.

She lost a hold of her consciousness and drifted into the vast, menacing river. The last thing she remembered before slipping away was him coming to her rescue. He was getting closer and closer....

His free dark straight hair descended in all directions against gravity in the ocean blue ripples of waves. His features were blurred by her vision.

She couldn't see him as her world became dark and dead ....

Bright light shone down into her orbs causing the girl to close her eyelids immediately. Her hand touched the top of her head from the banging pain giving her a headache.

Aera slowly opened her eyes but was infiltrated by small dark markings. Her vision took its time to adjust to the bright light

Where am I?

Wait, am I dead!!

Slowly she sat up straight from her sleeping position. Finding herself neatly tucked into a blanket in a fancy room with portraits and expensive antique objects surrounding her.

Aera was about to get off the bed but halted after hearing the door open. "Oh you woke up dear. How are you feeling now?"

The girl just watched as the lady came and sat at the edge of the bed. She was beautiful. She had clear glowing skin and long luscious black hair. "I'm fine. Thank you. But where am I?"

The lady chuckled slightly " You're in my house. My son found you drowning and we brought you here. You were unconscious for 3 days.  Let me go bring you some food, you haven't eaten since" The lady rushed out the room leaving Aera alone. 

I'm not dead?! No that can't be

Aera stopped midway through her thoughts as she saw a boy who looked a few years older than her approaching her.  Her eyes followed him as he sat in front of her . She can't deny it. He was handsome. Sharp jawline, gorgeous skin just like the lady before.

Must be the son

She cleared her throat with a huge gulp. His eyes trailed her features, not gently but slight fierce. Intimidating and scary but then a smile fell across his stern face. A sweet smile.

His features relaxed. "Are you ok now?" the girl nodded a bit too fast. She couldn't help but not feel fear creeping up her heart. 

"Here some rice porridge. You still need to recover. Yong you're here. That's good. Look after her will you I need to go out because I just got a call from the office" The boy nodded and gave a reassuring smile to his mother. After she left the room he faced the girl and grabbed the hot bowl of porridge. He sat on the seat next to the bed. Gently he took a spoon of the porridge and slowly blew on it. Aera watched his every move. He reached his hand out to the girl's lips with a smile.

Confused by his actions she slowly neared towards him taking a bite. She couldn't understand if they are good or bad people but seeing that they did rescue them she thought maybe she can trust them. 

Another spoonful was brought towards her lips. As much as she wanted to tell him that she can eat by herself, the girl didn't want to embarrass him when he was kindly nursing her. Also she genuinely didn't have much energy so she let him feed her.

He didn't seem burdened by feeding the girl either