Professor McGonagall marched straight up to Professor Trelawney and patted her back firmly then handed her a handkerchief to the crying witch.

"There, there, Sybill... Calm down.. blow your nose on this... it's not as bad as you think, now.. you are not going to have to leave Hogwarts."

"Oh really, Professor McGonagall?" Said Umbridge in a deadly voice taking a few steps forward. "And your authority for that statement is...?"

"That would be mine." Said a deep voice.

The oak doors had swung open, student beside them scuttled out of the way as Dumbledore appeared In The entrance. Olivia could only admire the badass power move from the headmaster.

Leaving the doors open he strode forward through the circle of onlookers towards the place where Professor Trelawney sat

"Yours, Professor Dumbledore?" Said Umbridge with an unpleasant laugh. "I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here-" she pulled a parchment scroll from within her robes- "an Order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Minister of Magic. The terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation and sack any teacher she- that is to say, I- feel is not performing up to the standard required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."

Olivia could have cheered in that moment because Dumbledore gave the toad a wide smile

"You are quite right of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however have the authority to send them away from the castle, I am afraid. That the power to do that still resides with the headmaster and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts."

Professor Trelawney gave a wild laugh, "No- no I'll go, Dumbledore! I sh-shall leave Hogwarts and seek my fortune elsewhere-"

"No," said Dumbledore sharply, "It is my wish that you remain Sybill." He turned to McGonagall, "Might I ask you to escort Sybill back upstairs, Professor McGonagall?"