I'll keep you safe (requested)

Start from the beginning

You mumbled Jisoo's name, confusing people around you before you felt your phone being pulled out of your pocket.

You heard the sirens as help arrived and you heard people repeat Jisoo's name, asking who she was, only for everything to turn black as you saw the medics rushing to your side.

It was a terrifying call that Jisoo had gotten.

She rushed to the hospital and waited impatiently to be by your side as they tried to stabilize you and as soon as she was told she could finally see you, she took your hand with the girls joining her in the room.

And even now she sits in the chair beside the hospital bed in the same position she's been in for the last hour or two, her hand still holding yours.

A few tears continued to fall from her eyes as she stared at you, watching your chest rise and fall with every breath you took.

Things were touch and go when you first arrived, but you pulled through, and she's never been more thankful for anything in all her life.

"Jisoo, we're going to go get some food and go to the gift shop. Is there anything we can get?"

"Just get something for y/n from the gift shop that you know she'll love." Jisoo smiled through her tears at them, exhaling shakily as they nodded and Lisa squeezed her shoulder comfortingly.

"We'll be back in a few minutes," Rosie promised and Jisoo just nodded before she closed her eyes.

The door closed and she sniffled, letting out the cry she's been holding back.

She hung her head, worried thoughts rushing through her brain.

But they all suddenly stopped when she heard a few soft sounds fall from your lips, as well as the sound of the sheets on the bed rustling slightly as you shifted around, only to stop when you were hit with pain in your left side.

"Y/N!" She yelled happily before she threw her arms around your neck. "You're awake! Oh, my love, you're okay."

"I'm okay." You said with a scratchy voice.

"Do you remember what happened?" She asked worriedly and you took a second to think before everything came back to you.

"Yeah."

"I have good news. The man who shot you was caught. They said he was just out of his mind, it could've been anyone, and you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time... which you wouldn't have been if my phone hadn't died."

"Jisoo, it wasn't your fault. Don't even think that. Please."

She nodded and smiled through the tears in her eyes as she stroked your cheek.

"I didn't know if you'd make it. It was scary."

"Well, I did." You said with a small smile. "I'm okay."

You watched a tear slip down her cheek.

"No, Jisoo," you whispered and reached out to brush her tears away. "Don't cry."

"Sorry." She sniffled as she took your hand again, kissing all across it; your knuckles, the tip of your fingers, your palm, and the pads of your fingers.

"I was just scared. I felt so terrible. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't pulled through. Because I love you so much." She cried.

"I love you too. But you don't have to worry about that anymore, Jisoo. No more what if's, no more worried thoughts - I'm okay. I survived."

"Yeah, because you're my tough cookie." She chuckled and leaned in to kiss your cheek lingeringly.

"This is never going to happen again. I promise you. I won't let anyone hurt you. I won't let anyone touch a hair on your head. I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know, baby." You said as you used all of your strength to squeeze her hand.

"I'll keep you safe. Every day for the rest of our lives, I will keep you safe every single day. Wherever you go, I'm coming with you. Me or the girls or guards. I don't care but you're not going anywhere alone anymore. I'm always going to protect you, I'm always going to keep you safe, I swear."

"Thank you, Jisoo." You smiled and puckered your lips for a kiss, which she was happy to give you.

She brushed her lips against yours but pulled away a second later, both of you jumping as the door opened.

But it was only the girls.

They all gasped when they saw that your eyes were open. They almost dropped everything in their hands, smiling from ear to ear as their bloodshot eyes met yours.

Of course they'd cried too. You're like their sister, your bond with all three of them is practically unbreakable and they adore you.

Seeing you wide awake made them want to shed a few more tears, but Jisoo got their attention before they got the chance.

"So? What all did you get her?" Jisoo giggled as she noticed the bags in their hands.

"Rosie got balloons, Lisa got some flowers and some candy, and then I was going to get her something but I didn't know what you'd like us to get her more so we got her a few different things!" Jennie grinned proudly.

They pulled some plushies out and a small gift basket. They handed the plushies to you, a few different bears that said get well beary soon and I love you beary much.

"Thanks, girls." You smiled and accepted hugs from them all as Jisoo reminded them not to squeeze you too hard.

"We're so happy you're okay," Rosie said.

"Yeah, you scared us all. It's so good to see your eyes open," Lisa smiled.

"Yeah, and to see that smile," Jennie grinned as she hugged you last.

"Is there anything either of you needs? It's going on midnight one am, so we're going to go home but we'll be back in the morning unless either of you needs anything important tonight." Rosie said.

"Just a couple of blankets, maybe. It's going to take her some time to recover and I'm not leaving her side until she can go home, except to shower, which one of you is going to have to come and stay by her side when that happens." Jisoo said and you giggled quietly, finding it adorable how protective she's being of you.

"You know we will. We'll be here to visit so much you're going to get sick of us." Lisa joked.

"Not possible." You giggled and intertwined your fingers with Jisoo's.

"Okay. Blankets and...?"

"I guess a couple of pillows. This is my bed for a while." Jisoo said as she laid back against the chair.

"Okay. We'll be back soon." Lisa smiled.

They said their goodbyes and their 'I love you's' to you and Jisoo, giving Jisoo some hugs and you a kiss on your forehead before they left, promising they'd return soon.

"I love you." Jisoo smiled at you and gave you that kiss on your lips you've been waiting for.

"I love you too. Thank you for being here and for promising not to leave my side."

"And I mean it, y/n. I'm not going anywhere." She said as she brushed your hair away from your forehead and kissed across it lovingly. "Now close your eyes. I'll be right here when you open them again."

And you smiled a little, knowing that she would be.