Chapter 10

Morning dawn streamed in through the large glass window beside the large bed. The morning was soft and newly made. Barely any sounds echoed through the large space as silken sheets rustled with gentle movement in the early mornings light.

Yin laid on his side, comfortably gazing at his quiet, dozing lover. His eyes trailed up the other man's figure slowly as if to soak him in once again.

War was lying on his side, facing Yin, his face peaceful with sleep. His eyelids flutter and twitch with dreams, and his lips are parted ever so slightly, revealing the pink slither of a tongue behind them. War still bore signs from their night together. His hair is mussed, and his right ear is swollen from Yin's teeth tugging on the lobe, biting too hard. One hand is tucked under the pillow, propping his neck higher, but the other flops in the middle of the bed, and Yin has to fight the urge to reach out and touch his palm. War snored softly, purrs in deep exhales.

Yin traced War's neck with his eyes, noting the skin speckled with slight stubble, the marble curve of his Adam's apple, the shape of his clavicles visible under his soft skin.

War sighed softly in his sleep, and in a moment of impulse Yin took his hand and held it close to his chest. He ran his finger over War's, rubbing the digits gently as he inspected them with care, the neatly-clipped nails and few tiny strands of hair above the knuckles, the curve of his wrist, and the blue of his veins, visible under the milky skin. He took War's hand and brought it up to his mouth, kissing it softly, his lips lingering.

War stirred, moaning with a yawn. He rolled onto his back, mumbled something, something that sounded like Yin, but in his doze, the diction was unclear. Yin slid closer, and that was when he heard War say it again.

"Stop staring and sleep, Yin" War mumbled with his eyes closed. Yin chuckled at his cute lover. He loved when War had dropped the formality and started moaning out his name. He slowly nuzzled his head into War's neck.

The younger had barely regained consciousness when he felt a nuzzling against his ear. Groaning, he flinched his head away from the feeling, only for it to continue with more strength. This time he swatted his hand as he tried, and failed, to stay within sleep for as long as he could.

"Go away, Yin," he mumbled, burrowing deeper under the covers. A deep, hoarse chuckle followed. War pulled down the covers to sneak a peek and was met by smirking eyes highlighted by the early morning sun; the sight made him melt.

"Good morning," he breathed. Yin smiled at him, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Good morning, baby..." He murmured, lightly running his fingers through his hair.

"How are you feeling?" Concern etched the corners of his eyes as his hands traced soft patterns on his bareback. Giving just a firm nod as confirmation to the fact that he was fine, War closed his eyes once more.

"We still have some time before you need to get up for work, right?" War asked, readjusting the covers around them, sounding hopeful. He knew that Yin had to work today. It was a Sunday, and he had no classes to get to, but Yin did have his job.

Yin smiled into his hair. He felt the same way. The morning was golden and warm, and all he wanted was to relax in the arms of his lover. "Yes, we do. Actually, we have all day since I've postponed all my work for tomorrow."

War's eyes flew open as a wide grin appeared on his face, "Really? Are you sure?"

"I think we deserve this time to ourselves," and with that whisper he drew his beloved in even closer, joining their bodies together in a hug.

"I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world" Yin whispered in War's ear making the latter shiver.

"Bleh... You're so cheesy" War teased as he traced Yin's jaw with his fingers. When his fingers reached Yin's lips, Yin held his hand and kissed his fingertips one by one. War's breath was caught in his throat.

Yin pulled War's hand and placed it over his cheek, and leaned his head against War.

"I love you so much, baby" he whispered.

War looked up at Yin and saw the love and sincerity in his eyes. War smiled.

"I can't believe you're all mine..." War thought.

"I'm all yours, baby. Forever. I promise." Yin said, and that's when War realized that he had said his thoughts out loud.

War removed his hand from Yin's grasp and trailed it down slowly and stopped when he reached his chest. He slowly pushed Yin back and switched positions by pinning Yin into the mattress and hovering over him.

He ran his hand over, followed his fingers with his lips. Dots. A path. Making his way down Yin's chest.

His breaths, shallow and disconnected, drove War for more.

"I'm going to hold you to your promise, Yin. Your love is only mine. You're only mine. I hope your love for me never changes," War said as he kissed Yin's chest, "Or you'll break my heart."

"I can't promise you that," Yin said as he threw his arms around War and leaned in for his lips.

"I fall in love with you every day. My love for you grows every moment I'm with you. But I can promise that you will always be the love of my life. I will never break your heart or hurt you." He smiled before kissing the base of War's neck.

"I'm yours too, my love." Yin's dark brown eyes seemed to set ablaze with desire as he heard War's response. He reached up quickly, pressing their lips together tenderly. War breathed out slowly through his nose as he relaxed into the chaste kiss.

Yin tangled his fingers in the War's dark hair and licked at his bottom lip to which he happily obliged and opened up for him. Yin tightened his grip on his soft hair as he snaked his tongue into his mouth, and War gave out a small moan.

Just as Yin was going to trail his lips down War's neck, he heard a rumbling noise.

Softly pulling away and panting quietly for breath, Yin chuckled as he watched an embarrassing War with half-laden eyes.

"Seems like my Petal is hungry," He teased.

"Well, whose fault is that..." War retorted back casually as he lay back on the bed beside Yin.

Yin chuckled softly and reached out quickly, grabbing War's hand and holding it with a tender gaze.

"Agree to disagree. I'm going to go and cook us some breakfast. We can continue where we left off later," Yin whispered the last part rubbing his thumb over War's knuckles as he spoke. He placed another kiss on War's lips before getting out of bed to wear his boxers.

War snuggled into the covers as he watched Yin's back walking out of the door. He smiled to himself and just hoped that the love between them lasts forever.

TBC...

Published on 4th Nov 2021

Hey my lovely peaches,
I cant believe that this story is about to cross 1.5k so fast! I'll try to finish this story before December! I don't have a lot of free time, but if I do I will update this book as soon as possible! Until then, keep voting, keep supporting this book and stay tuned!

Love you all!