Chapter 7

"Well, that was fun," Yin said as they stepped off the elevator, both of them dripping, soaked from head to toe. He took out his keycard to his penthouse from his pocket to open the door.

Yin hadn't exactly planned to bring War back after their date, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

Just as he opened the door, War heard a small bark. Yin went to retrieve a few towels from the closet while War walked towards a playpen. When War opened the gate, the little puppy went bouncing towards War, all clumsy, and its little paws were all over the place. He let out a small chuckle and dropped to his knees to admire the puppy better.

"Hi there, beautiful." The puppy barked in response, and War laughed in delight, little crinkles forming around his eyes, and his dimples were shown. War held out his hand. Yin walked out of the bathroom to see a sight which he didn't expect.

The puppy leaned forward, to sniff it before it pushed its head under his hand as if wanting to be pet. War smiled as he started to pet the puppy gently, with the puppy closing its eyes and nuzzling its head into his hand. His smile turned giddy as he reached his other hand out to pet the puppy, as well. Its tail started to wag faster, and it laid down, clearly asking for a belly rub that War is all too happy to give.

"Looks like Peach likes you," Yin said as he handed the towel to War.

"She does, don't you?" War cooed at the puppy, which turned back to let out a small bark in response.

"Why don't you go and take a shower, Petal? You can play with Peach after you are out of those wet clothes" Yin caressed War's head. War looked up with a smile and nodded. He stood up, and the puppy followed War.

"Peach... let him take a shower. He'll be back to play with you," War chuckled as the puppy was following him and Yin.

"Peach, you won't get treats. Go and sit there." Yin pointed, and the puppy obeyed.

Yin directed War to the bathroom. He tried very hard not to think about the warmth of War's skin through his soaked shirt.

"I'll get you some clothes, hang on," he said, quickly walking towards his room.

He tried to cool off as he searched his wardrobe for something War could wear, thinking about the task at hand rather than War's firm back. He was met with a small problem though. Trying to find something for War to wear meant envisioning War in his clothes, and envisioning War in his clothes caused Yin to feel a little hot under the collar.

Yin shook his head and grabbed a simple pair of sweats and a t-shirt. He couldn't go around thinking about things like that. He handed the clothes to War before heading back to the living room.

War didn't take very long in the shower. After he got dressed in Yin's clothes, he ruffled his hair with the towel around his neck as he stepped out of the bathroom. He walked towards the living room, to see

Yin on the phone, talking to someone. War relished in the way Yin suddenly stuttered as he laid eyes on him. Smiling, War took a seat on the couch, staring up at Yin as he wrapped up the call.

Yin avoided looking at him as he went to place his phone down on the table.

"Sorry, work," he said simply, and War could see the flush on his neck.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," he said, walking towards the bathroom. He hesitated, casting a glance at War.

"Uh, make yourself at home," he said with a pause before turning away, much to War's amusement. Peach padded her way back to War.

War removed the towel from his neck and walked towards the playpen to pick up a few toys to play with Peach. When Yin walked out of the shower, he found War playing with Peach. Peach wagged her tail when she saw Yin approaching them.

Yin took a seat on the couch behind War. War's hair was still wet. Yin reached for the towel War had discarded earlier and started wiping his hair. It took War by surprise, but he didn't say anything. He let Yin wipe his hair while the blush from his cheeks traveled to the back of his neck.

Yin titled War's head upwards, making his head rest back against his leg. War looked up, and his eyes met with Yin's.

Yin traced his thumb over War's lips, then his cheekbone. They were such simple gestures, but War's breath came unevenly, and that was Yin's cue to lean in and press his lips to War's. It was simple and sweet. A slow, softly sucking motion. It started as one kiss, then another, then another. For whatever reason, doing it upside down felt even more affectionate, and they both felt shivers running down their spines.

When their kiss ended, they stayed in this position for a few seconds, not saying anything, just smiling happily. Yin brushed his nose against War's before pulling away just when Peach stepped onto War's lap and cuddled up on his legs. War looked down and chuckled at the little pup.

"She's tired from all the playing..." Yin said, and War nodded. Yin slowly threaded his fingers through War's hair. War accidentally groaned as Yin scratched at his scalp, causing a full-body shiver.

Yin just chuckled.

"Good?" he asked, causing War to groan in agreement, too tired to use his words. "You're like a puppy." Yin mused, and War turned up to look at him with furrowed his brows, but he didn't argue. He just sighed, eyelashes fluttering at the feeling of Yin's fingers playing with his hair.

War felt himself drift off, and Yin must have felt it too when War slowly leaned his head against his knee for support. He suddenly gripped War's hair tightly, causing a sharp inhale. It wasn't enough to hurt, but it startled him. "Don't fall asleep here," Yin said softly, and for a moment War felt insecure, thinking that he might have overstayed his welcome.

"Come on, we should go to bed." Yin groaned as he made War sit up. He took the sleeping puppy from War's lap and placed her on her bed in the playpen.

"But..." War whined a bit.

"Don't you have class tomorrow morning?" Yin asked with a chuckle, and War groaned as he realized that he did. In fact, he had a 9 am class to get to.

He said as much, groaning as he rubbed at his face. He checked his phone for the time, sighing when he realized that he wasn't just tired for no reason, it was actually late.

Yin stood in front of War, pulling him up by his hand and dragging him towards the bathroom. "I'll drive you. Come on, I'll get you a toothbrush, and then we'll sleep," he said smiling, dragging the reluctant War by his hand.

War never expected Yin to behave like such a gentleman. After they had brushed their teeth together with a bit of teasing here and there, War hesitated to get into bed with Yin. But when he saw Yin acting casual, he figured it wasn't a bit deal.

What he didn't know was that Yin's heart was pounding against his chest. Shit. He thought as he stared at the sleepy War snuggled into his bed. He had to maintain his composure.

Looks like he was going to have a sleepless night. Yin sighed as he approached the bed and sat down on his side of it. He slowly laid down next to War and pulled the covers over him. War's back was turned to him. Yin took a deep breath and turned towards War, and pulled the guy towards him. War couldn't believe that Yin was spooning with him. He could feel Yin's heart beating fast against his back, and he knew that Yin could feel his heartbeat as his hand was placed over his chest. The two took a deep breath, as they slowly relaxed in each other's arms.

"Good night, Petal" Yin placed a kiss on War's hair.

"Good night, Phi" War smiled as he snuggled into Yin, and the two drifted off asleep.

TBC...

Published on 2nd October 2021