The call

Sam's pov

Waking up I was still in Keith's arms. And it put a smile on my face. I had forgiven him but I still kept my edges up. Just encase . Just a little though .

" oh your up?" Keith says his voice a little weary. He looks like he hasn't slept at all. The after effects of his drunk state showed up pretty clearly. And smelled pretty clearly , he needs a shower.

" did you not sleep" he looks at me puzzled but finally answers. " no, so pancakes or muffin, berry or chocolate?" I was hungry but I wast happy that he changed the subject. Probably shouldn't argue with him. Not today at least .
" chocolate chip muffins, sir" I mumble into his chest. Wishing I could go back to sleep.

"Come on, your helping me " keith said pulling me up with him. "Can't I just go back to sleep?" It's 8:37 and I'm tired . And hungry and cold . But mainly tired. "No , you can not. We are going to lunch , shopping , and then I need a haircut and you could use a trim unless you want a hair cut to?" He has morning voice as I like to call it. It's when your voice is dry and raspy.

Yeah I could use a hair cut . Like 4 inches off and it could be in-between my shoulder blades. "Ok .." His left eye brow arched up ."sir" his eyebrow is still arched up and I don't know what he's waiting for . " I decided you don't have to call me sir, only when your in-trouble and or some of my meeting and events . Weird , least I don't have to keep my guard up.

Like one time I forgot to use sir and he took my phone for 5 days texting all my friends . They texted back and everything even though they knew it was him texting them .

My stomach clenched as the smell of pancakes brought me out of my daze . " when will Emma and max be back ?" I missed them. Max was living with Emma till her and Keith got married. Sometimes I liked it better when it was just me and Keith .

But i slowly realized how I'm never going to be part of their family. Max is their actual child . I'm just something they got stuck with.
" sam you ok? You look a little pale." Keith says bringing me my plate of pancakes and glass of milk. " thank you sir " crap. This was going to be hard to get used to .
" Keith ok?" He says smirking at my facial expression. "Ok" .

{6:00pm}

"Ring " my phone goes off. I had a fun day with Keith . Now I'm in my room relaxing . Weird the number didn't look like one I knew. Probably just one of my friends. Wait but my friends would just call me . "Ring " my phone goes off again. Geeze this person is so impatient.

"Hello?" I say holding the iPhone to my ear.

" helloo.. Today's your lucky day Sam ." My stomach clenched . That voice I've heard it before but when.

Taking a gulp I answer back . " I dot know you , I think you have the wrong number " my heart pounding . Placing my left hand over the mic " Keith quickly ! "

" oh no .. My dear little sam . I'm positive I have the right number . " how does she know my name . And why does she talk so creepy like. Movie villain. Oh we're is Keith.

" I'm coming for you darling. You and that sweet family of yours " the line ended. My heart pounding out of my chest. It was the lady . The lady from the park . Just the way she talked sounded the same .
" what going on ?" Keith says barging into my room. I feel like I'm going to cry any minute.
" sam ?" He says walking over to me on my bed . " she called " I stutter out in between sniffles.

"Who called ?" His arm entry around me and I curled up besides him. " sam sweety you need to use your words " he softly whispers into my ear. " the .. The lady ... " I can feel his muscles tense up for a second. He knew who I was talking about . " what did she say ?" His voice comforting yet cold . " she was coming for us " is all I could say before I burst into full out crying. She scared the hell out of me . " ring " my phone went off again . Slowly I picked it up again .

"Hello?" I said pushing the speaker button .

" oh my dear Sam . Don't cry I didn't mean to scare you . " my heart pounding even more and no matter how much keith stroked my hair I couldn't calm down.

" leave us Alone " Keith bitterly and coldly stated to the lady .

" oh don't worry , I'm already here" . Already here ?! My breathing picked up , heart got faster, I curled up against keith more . My hands clutching his shirt for dear life. " Dad Do something!" I yelled through my tears. Keith just stayed their shocked at what I just said. Hanging up the phone he just stared at me .

( Keith's pov )

She curled up to me for dear life. I pressed her against me as much as I could . She was crying and hang a mine panic attack . Poor thing she doesn't deserve this.

"Oh don't worry , I'm already here " . Her heart pounded fast and I needed the call. Anymore from that woman and I think sam could have gone into a panic coma .

"Dad do something!" She yelled at me . Wait dad? She called me dad. What do I even say? She called me her dad. I don't know if she was dreaming of a flash back or..... She called me dad.

Dad... She called me dad. What do I even say? Was it by mistake or.. Or.. Or what?!

"Shhh...shh... It's ok" . "Sam... I won't let them hurt you I won't let them hurt anyone...ok?"

Her breathings finally slowing down after three hour. She hasn't said anything after calling me dad. I'm kinda happy she hasn't said anything.

"I'm so sorry " she said in a raspy whisper. Why would she be sorry?

"Sam ., you have nothing to be sorry about. " I say petting her hair again.

"I..I..ca..called...y.you...DAD" her head nuzzling into my chest more. I know I've been like a father figure to sam but never thought she would actually pick up on my behavior. Maybe we should just adopt sam completely. She she's fully in our family. Me and Emma have talked about it before and needed a sign .

"Sam..'what would .. you like me and Emma to fully adopt you?" Her head turns so I can see her left cheek.
"Really?"

"Yes really " she's like my child .. Why not make it official .

"Are you sure ?" Lightly sobbing into my pre-tear wet shirt.

"More then ever. Sam your like .. You are my first child I've ever had to take care... You been part of this family for so long .. Why not make it legally correct "

"What do you mean legally correct ?"

"We'll see, when your parents passed .. I got legal custody of you.. It didn't mean I was your dad... It meant I was your cousin....but I would take care of you like a parent...Sam ... Do you want to be legally part of this family ?"

"Yes"

-authors notes-

Sorry for not updating lately , got a lot on my plate right now. I'm hoping to update by Saturday. Don't forget to read 'my protector ' . And don't forget to like, comment, share , and follow ! Thanks!
- Simon