T W E N T Y E I G H T

Start from the beginning

Under their breath, Spooky, Danny, Camila and Rubi began to laugh. Miguel shook his head and looked at them with a blank expression. After that, he returned to eating his breakfast.

"Aleah, have you met Manny's friend Angel and her sister Rubi? They came to stay with us for a few days." Celina said, pointing at Rubi and me.

I smiled as I looked at Celina. "We met yesterday while swimming with dolphins."

"Yes, we did, but I had never met Rubi before. Rubi, it's great to meet you. You and Angel have a striking resemblance. I should've assumed you guys were siblings." Aleah greeted Rubi with a smile.

Rubi returned the smile. "It's great to meet you as well, and yes, we get that a lot. Many people believe we are twins."

I gave Rubi a sidelong glance. "Please, Rubi, you're lying now. Nobody ever told us we could be twins."

Rubi rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth as she looked at me.

"If it's okay with you, I'd like to ask why you're here? Manny usually travels to Mexico on his own, or you usually travel with Spooky. I've never seen him bring a woman here unless he's dealing with her." Aleah remarked as she sipped her drink.

Is she attempting to be shady, or is she genuinely curious? No, she's definitely being shady and a little too nosey. Why are you so concerned about my presence? I'm sure she thinks I'm dealing with her baby daddy, which I am. Manny decided to answer her question before I could.

"She's here because I wanted her to be." Manny said nonchalantly.

I smirked at her as I raised my brow. I'm sure she won't ask that question again because I know she's hurt by what he said. You should probably mind your own business next time. There was silence for a while, but Carlos decided to speak up.

"When is Marcus's next soccer match?" Carlos inquired.

"It should be one day this week. I'm still unsure. His school has yet to provide me with his schedule." Aleah said, her gaze falling on Carlos.

Marcus looked Manny in the eyes as he raised his head. "Are you coming to see me play, Daddy? I want you to see me run."

Marcus got a kiss on the forehead from Manny. "Of course, I'll be there to see you play."

Marcus grinned and squeezed Manny even tighter in his arms. Celina fixed her gaze on Marcus, who was hugging Manny. She had puppy eyes when she looked at them.

"Aleah, I remember you being pregnant with Marcus for the first time. I couldn't believe my oldest son was expecting a child so early." Celina remarked.

"When I found out, I was terrified and shocked at the same time, but I was ecstatic to give birth to my sweet little angel." Marcus cheek was pinched by Aleah.

"I also remember you and Manny being unable to leave each other alone for nothing in the world. You two used to hang out all the time because you were so in love. I thought you two would never stop talking to each other. I knew it was only a matter of time before you two had a child together." Celina exclaimed, laughing at her Manny and Aleah flashbacks.

I continue to keep a fake smile on my face because I don't want Manny or Aleah to notice that I'm bothered by their conversation about their old love story. I swear I don't want to be sitting here listening to this. I know it's old, but it makes me feel irritated and jealous when I listen to it.