Chapter 13: Missing

It's been a whole month since he had heard from Midoriya. His mission was only supposed to last a week. Katsuki paced in his office, he was obsessed with the link Midoriya had given him. It said he completed the mission, so where the fuck was he?! There was no contact. None with him or that IcyHot bastard. He grew more anxious as the days passed, he lost sleep, his eating habits were fucked up, and his temper came back. All his progress was fucked up. He wanted fucking answers. Like yesterday.

He was sick to his fucking stomach. He fucking knew something bad had happened. The Hero Committee kept this entire recuse under tight wraps. No one, expect heroes with high level clearance was allowed anywhere near this mission, or the information involving it. That pissed Katsuki off. He was in the top ten, so why the hell was he not allowed access to these files. He even called the agency Midoriya worked at, and even then, he wasn't allowed any information. What the hell happened. Where the hell was that damn nerd.

This really shouldn't have affected him as much as it did. But that phone call Midoriya received and how negatively he responded to it made his stomach turn. Midoriya looked scared. Scared. That man simply did not get scared. He was the pinnacle of strength, power, and hope.

So why? Why did he look so damn scared. Why wasn't Katsuki there standing by his side. Oh that's right Katsuki told him to fuck off out of his town, like a fucking idiot, instead of asking him to stay to join him at Best Jeanist's agency like he had originally planned.

They were going to be heroes together. They were supposed to work at the same agency. They were supposed to be the Wonder Duo. Why did it take so damn long to fix his fucking inferiority and superiority complex. Why did it take Midoriya leaving the first time to finally get his head out of his ass and get some help. He lost the one person that meant the most to him and it took Midoriya leaving to finally understand how he felt.

Why was it always Midoriya?

Why did it have to be him?

Why couldn't he fucking breathe. Why couldn't he fucking sleep. Why couldn't he shake this feeling.

He was spiraling. He knew things were getting out of control. He knew he had to get better. He couldn't continue down this path again. But the thought that Midoriya was MIA just rattled him to his core. But was he actually MIA? The mission was completed. He had to be somewhere, he wasn't really missing. What happened on that mission.

The public noticed Midoriya's absence after week two. There were also a list of three other heroes also MIA. There had been speculation around what happened at the sight of the recuse. Some believed they had died and their deaths were being covered up, but there had been evidence against it. Katsuki refused to believe that Midoriya was dead. There was no way. He was a powerhouse.

He just had to be okay.

He had to be.

There was so much he had to say to Izuku.

Why couldn't he have just given a proper apology like the goddamn adult he was. He crashed onto his office couch and he sobbed begging Izuku to come home.

——————

Every pair of eyes in all of Japan were glued to the TV that day.

Deku, Nightwave, Nova, and Glitch.

They were alive. But shit they did not look it. They were being escorted from the Hero's Court towards a heavily armed transport vehicle. Reporters, like vultures, crowding around the small group, shouting over each other shoving recording devices and microphones relentlessly into the heroes' faces.