Chapter 5: Home

Midoriya felt frazzled after stewing in his own memories for several hours on the long train ride. He craved alcohol to calm his nerves, if he could just hold out until later that afternoon he knew there would be alcohol at the party. He thought about pre-gaming before he showed up so he wouldn't be a complete nervous wreck, he bet that Uraraka would be down for some pre-party shots.

He made his way out to the busy streets of Shizuoka, he looked around and smiled seeing all the familiar shops and restaurants. He started walking towards his moms house, turning down streets instinctively until he reached the destination.

Standing in front of the door, he wasn't sure if he should let himself in or knock. It was his house anyway right? He knocked on the door and shifted his weight nervously. He could hear the door being unlocked from the other side and his mom opened the door. She looked up at her sons smiling face and gasped just about dropping her tea cup.

"Oh Izuku! What are you doing here?!"

"What mom? I can't come home for a surprise visit?" Midoriya laughed as he stepped into the house.

"I'm just so happy you're here, I was actually thinking about calling you today to see when you'd be back to visit. What brings you back to town?" They chatted their way to the couch and sat down together.

"Uraraka talked me into going to a birthday party for Todoroki tonight."

"She always a good influence on you, you know. Doesn't surprise me that she talked you into coming. Are you excited to see your friends again sweetie?"

"Um" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, " well, yeah. But also really nervous. I know it'll be fine, but I basically just dropped off the face of the earth and haven't talked to any of them since graduation, so yeah."

"You shouldn't feel nervous Izuku, they're your friends, nothing will change that." She reached out and held his hand, giving it a slight squeeze.

" Uraraka just about said the same thing to me last week" he let out nervous laughter.

"Let's cook some food, that always used to help you calm your nerves." Inko suggested as she stood from the couch walking towards the kitchen.

"Yeah that sounds great mom, I'm hungry!" Midoriya followed his mom to the kitchen where they cooked their meal together just like old times. They laughed about old memories and sat down to eat after completing their dish. There they sat for the next couple hours talking about his life in Kyoto and his hero work. He told his mom he hadn't gotten seriously injured since he moved and she was very pleased to hear that.

After finishing their talk, he had excused himself to go lay down before heading out tonight, he texted Uraraka to come over and bring some alcohol but be on the down low about it. About an hour later she arrived as his house and his mom welcomed her with a warm hug, he could hear them talking downstairs for several minutes before there was a soft knock on his door.

"It's open."

"Hey Midoriya, you good dude? You know there'll be alcohol at the party right" Uraraka sat on the bed next to him.

"My stomach is in a knot, I think in need some liquid courage before I go the party tonight." He held out an open hand and she pulled a personal sized bottle of whiskey and 2 shot glasses and handed him one. "You remembered my favorite alcohol."

"It's not very hard, you're the only one in the group that likes it." She laughed as she poured the 2 shots, they clinked the glasses together and knocked them back. She shuttered with the strong burn but he didn't and immediately held his glass out for another. "I don't know how you can take shots of this junk, it burns so bad!"

Midoriya laughed, "I normally don't drink it straight, I usually mix it with pop, but I think it's what I need right now."

"If you say so" she looked at him at weird laughing.

"Thanks for coming over. I needed this, not just the alcohol, but some good laughs too" after 2 more shots he was feeling warm and he knew it was enough to get him through the next hour before the party started. "By the way what are you wearing tonight?"

"Oh it's no problem at all, I'm having fun! I actually brought my clothing to change into before we leave, I can change now to show you I'll be right back. You should change too! I want to see what you're wearing!" She grabbed her bag and bounced out of the room to get changed in the bathroom. He quickly ruffled through his bag and got changed. She knocked on the door before coming back in.

"Come in."

She entered the room and the both looked each other up and down and quickly realized they weren't on the same page.

"What are you wearing Midoriya!?" Her face lit up, he looked stunning.

"You said '80s themed!" He voiced grew louder, "How was I supposed to know you meant mainstream fashion. '80s rock is all I know!"

"Midoriya chill! It's okay, you look stunning! You'll be the hottest one there for sure! Way to make a bold comeback huh!"

He was suddenly feeling insecure about what he picked out to wear, he knew he'd be the only one dressed like this. Uraraka could see the look of discomfort on his face. "Do you need another shot before we leave?"

"Yeah I think so." She shook her head and smile handing him another shot.

"We should get going, they party starts at 5pm, some of our class are already there. Um you should know Bakugou will be there, I'm sure you kinda figured he would, but he won't be there until after he shift is over."

"Alright, thanks for the heads up. Oh, also, can we stop by this Soba place I found, I want to get an order for Todoroki, I didn't know what else to get him for a gift."

"Sure no problem! Maybe we should eat quick too while we're there." Uraraka packed her other clothing back in her bag.

Midoriya wasn't sure how long they'd be there but he also packed a small bag with a change of clothing in case he wanted to be more comfortable.

They said their goodbyes to his mom and he told her he'd might be late and to not wait up for him. They closed the door behind them and started walking towards the Soba shop.

Reconnectedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें