Black Sheep

"The fuck do you mean my child came face to face with Shigaraki?"

Aizawa slammed Hawks into the truck, hand around his neck, hair floating, eyes a deeper shade of crimson than Bakugo's. It was the morning of the drop and all the heroes and teachers had gathered off the grid for a meeting to decide who would go where.

"Easy there dad of the year," Hawks gritted out, a casual smile still on his face despite the clear fact that his air supply was being cut off. "We've got eyes on him and he's been communicating regularly despite the fact that he said he might go off the grid for a while. Touya's also been running point and staying with him at a spot at night. He's safe."

"Safe my ass," Aizawa spat. "Shigaraki is unpredictable. You yourself said he walked in and dusted a guy for not getting a drop when it wasn't his fault."

Endeavor stepped in, attempting to separate them.

"We shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves," he said as he tried to step between Aizawa and Hawks. "Shinsou's a good kid, I get that as a parent you're worried, but he's also a great hero."

"As if I'd take fatherly advice from a man that spent most of his life abusing his wife and kids," Aizawa spat, then backed down, realizing the harshness in his words. "I... I didn't ..."

Present Mic looked between the two of them, eyes wide, unsure if he should step in or not.

"You did," Endeavor answered. "And you're right. But I mean it when I say Shinsou's holding out well. I heard the audio from the Shigaraki encounter, you'd be proud."

"There's audio?"

Hawks nodded, pointing at Touya who seemed deep into something on the laptop. Aizawa released his grip then and backed up.

"What's the plan?"

"Shinsou's given us an easy in, he's been repeating every direction and instruction given to him under the idea that he wants to make sure he's heard it right. He'll mess something up on purpose and they'll make him say the correct instructions back. This means I don't have to fly above him directly, I can keep my distance, but there's always the fake cars. They switch cars every night so the majority of us will follow the directions Shinsou says tonight, but a few of us will keep track of the others to be sure they aren't just testing him and taking him and the commissioner to the wrong address on purpose."

"Told you the kid was smart," Endeavor smiled, but Aizawa didn't respond, pointedly ignoring him.

"Team B will be us in the truck," Mirko popped her head out the van. "We'll stay the furthest behind, keeping ears on the situation, only moving if absolutely necessary. Team A, you're on standby closest to the drop. Remember we aren't calling law enforcement; we don't know who is in collusion with the commissioner and Shigaraki right now."

"Where do want us?" Bakugo said, walking in with Tokoyami, Kirishima and Jirou. The others had decided to stay back with Midoriya, deciding that keeping him as far away as possible with enough people to keep watch. Todoroki figured if it was a trap, they'd need another powerhouse to stay back with Midoriya so Bakugo had left them to train.

"Huh, this is actually the best possible group of you to join this mission," Mirko smirked. "Bakugo I want you with Endeavor, Mic and Snipe. You've already trained with him so you know how he works and quite frankly you put up with him well enough. Tokoyami you're with Hawks, but you already knew that was going to happen, I can see it on your face."

"Birds of a .." Hawks started.

"Don't." Tokoyami held up a hand.

"Jirou, I think I'm going to have you join Endeavor as well. If at any point we lose contact, they'll need ears on the ground."