Hide and Seek

Todoroki was in his room halfway through "Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents" when he was disturbed by a knock on his door. He wasn't expecting anyone. He had plans with Dabi next week but he wasn't allowed at UA and no one ever knocked on his door unless something crazy was happening on the news with his family. For the most part, they didn't really bother him with that anymore either. Every now and then Sero and Denki would invite him to play games or Iida would ask him if he wanted to get lunch, but the only person that used to knock on his door regularly was in the MedBay. He got up, surprised to see Mina standing in front of him, a smile on her face.

"Hey Shoto, just wanted to check on ya," she smiled.

Todoroki stared for a while before deciding that he wasn't staring at Mina. For one, Mina never called him Shoto. No one at UA really did, which meant Toga, the only person that could pull this off, didn't really have this thought out. He opened the door wider to let her in, pulling his phone out to text the class group chat that he had a villain in his room that looked a lot like Mina before he tried his best to pretend that he wasn't the wiser.

"What's been going on, I haven't seen you in a minute," she propped herself on his bed and Todoroki flinched. He had just washed his fucking sheets.

"I saw you yesterday in the hallway," Todoroki answered.

"I guess you're right," she shrugged. "We just don't hang out and I don't really like that. I don't know much about you, like your favorite color or your favorite move or if you've seen Midoriya today?"

Todoroki almost laughed. She wasn't even trying.

"We haven't seen Midoriya since he left after the war Mina, why would I have seen him today if I haven't seen him in years?"

"I heard some rumors that he was back on campus, figured if anyone would know it would be you. No one was closer to him than you."

"I haven't heard anything but you're always the one to get all the good gossip first Mina." Todoroki had an idea then. "You know, I think I did see Kirishima and Bakugo downstairs earlier whispering about something and despite everything, he was good friends with both of them. Maybe they know something."

"You are an absolute genius Shoto!"

"Not really," he mumbled. He watched her for a moment, and she picked up the book he was reading, then chuckled. "It would do your brother some good to read this."

Todoroki made full eye contact with her then as he heard footsteps running down the hall. Toga shifted, looking towards the direction of the sound, concern filling her face.

"You might be right," he said. "But out of all the Todoroki's, Touya's the last of us you'll want to cross, or disobey. He always finds out and when he does... lets's just say Touya doesn't exactly have the best control."

He watched as she lost control for a split second, Mina's eyes became Toga's and then disappeared as soon as he saw them.

"I'll see you around!"

Todoroki watched as she got on the elevator, then let the group chat know she was heading downstairs. Kirishima answered first.

Let's fuck some shit up.

__________________________________________________________________________

Bakugo hung up the phone and sat back at the bottom of the bed. Midoriya stared at him, an intense look on his face.

"What is it nerd?"

"You did that thing you do when something's going on and you don't want the person you're with to panic."