𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 34

Start from the beginning

"Remember the first time we searched  people kissing in your room?" she asks and I burst out laughing. 

"Yes, and I kept telling you to lower the volume before someone heard." I laugh. 

"What about the time I brought over a tampon and  Sebastian thought it was drugs so he told your mom to get the cops for us." I start laughing even harder, eventually loosing control of my breath. 

"He was so convinced it was drugs!" I barely say through my laugh. 

"Ah, seven year-olds." Myra says and I chuckle as we walk back into the very cold backyard. 

"There she is!"  I hear my aunt's voice. 

"Hi!" I run to her, wrapping my arms around her. 

"Hello darling," she says pulling me into her embrace. 

"I'm so close to kicking your father's ass." she tells me and I laugh. 

"But I heard Axton took care of that." she smirks and I really hope it isn't because she still thinks she'll have to attend our wedding. 

"He did." I chuckle,  passing my hands over my shoulders, it's fricking freezing. 

"Soph, I am so proud of you! You're doing so good with your career." she tells me and it's honestly exactly what I needed to hear. 

"You've become the strong, independent woman I knew you would be." I feel a warm fabric rest on my shoulders, but from the scent I can tell it belongs to Axton. 

"Axton!" my aunt smiles at him. 

"Nice to see you again." he tells her. 

"We haven't talked in ages!" she says and he nods. 

"I'd love to stay but I have to help Sebastian with something." He explains. 

"Thank  you for not letting me freeze to death." I tell him.

"Mhm." walks away. 

"Is he really  engaged to a model?" My aunt asks and I nod. 

"I don't see a ring though."  

"Florida sure  didn't change you huh?" 

"Not one bit." she says passing me a glass of champagne. 

I look at her and shake my head, declining. 

"You're not really pregnant right?" she says, holding a 'are you serious' look. 

"No. But your sister thinks so." She rolls her eyes. 

"You're covering up for Shyla aren't you?" she asks, downing her glass and taking mines. 

"How'd you know?" 

"I can practically see the bump."  she says looking at Shyla.  She's right. 

"Oh my God, you can!" I gasp. 

"But on to more important things, have you told the father?" I snap my head back to her and she's serious. 

"I'm not-" 

"Kimberly!" she smiles. Oh.  

Axton's phone vibrates in the pocket of his suit jacket. I ignore it because I'm not going to snoop. 

But then it vibrates again. 

And again. 

And again, 

And again...

     And again. 

What the hell?