Chapter 32: You have been?

Cover art made by Pistory1 on twitter
Pico's POV:

We end up back in Cherry's car, I still feel all funny.

I rest my head back on the seat as she starts to drive.

Cherry: "So where am I taking you?"

Pico: "I dunno, not my apartment preferably."

Cherry: "Huh?"

Pico: "I don't wanna see Nene right now, I'm sure you understand."

Cherry: "..I guess. Where do you wanna go then?"

Pico: "Can't I just come with you?"

Cherry: "The appointment was made to be me alone, I can't just leave you at my house and you can't come with me."

Pico: "Alright, uuuh.. just drop me off.. here?"

I look around and notice it's the same street we dumped Keith at, he managed to find his way to Nenes apartment so I guess I can find my way back to him.

I hop out of the car, Cherry kisses me goodbye.
It shouldn't be too hard to find Keith, at least it isn't in the dark like how he got back.

I need to talk to him I think.. like actually talk to him, I think hooking up with Nene was a cry for help, he's had some time to think so if I just show up it should be fine, right?

I zone out and continue walking, I realize I'm a street away from my apartment.

I know the way to his house from here so I head in that direction.

I try to think of a game plan as to what i'll do when I arrive, but I don't think any of that will work.

I decide on i'll improvise. Good enough for me.
I zone out again and find myself at the edge of Keith's driveway.

Pico: "Here goes nothing.."

I walk up to the door and try to turn the handle, locked.

I lift a dead plant on his porch, a key is underneath.

I'm disappointed he would hide the key here, plus he killed the plant I got him.

I sigh and stick the key in the door, all the lights are off in the house so I try to be quiet in case he's asleep or something.

I step in, he's deep asleep on the couch.

I shut and lock the door behind me.

I tuck the key in my pocket, then walk towards him.

I kneel in front of him and feel his face to see if he needs anything.

He's kinda warm, not surprised. He usually ends up sick when he's sad and alone for a while.

I walk into the kitchen and see what he has to cook, the den looked a mess but I assume he hasn't eaten in a while.

I find some canned soup and tea behind a TON of cup noodles.

I start to cook the soup and tea, I hear him snore and move.

I peek back out and see he still has his stupid hat on.

I walk towards him and lift it off his head, I flipped it onto my head.

I look back down at him.. I was expecting to see grown out roots but it's all blue, his hair is still blue...?

I shrug and go into the kitchen.

I pour the soup into a bowl and make the tea.

I hope he'll wake up soon so this doesn't get cold..