Chapter 22: You think? (NSFW)

Cover art made by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvmcmXNSlG0

Pico's POV:

I step down on the dusty-attic floor and notice that the nightstand.. turned on? I hear it hum, so I walk towards it.

I dust off the top with my sleeve and notice there's a handle on the top. Hesitantly, I pull the handle and It's.. a mini fridge? Keith's been holding out on me?? I kneel down and look at the snacks and drinks inside, I reach in the back and take out a monster. I place it on top of the mini fridge and reach in the back.

Pico: "Holy shit, there's an entire bottle of wine back here?"

I take it out and put it on top. I shut the door then put the bottle and can in my pockets.

I climb down the ladder and walk into Keith's living room.

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket, I check it and.. it's Nene?

Pico's phone: "Nene: 'hey, can you come to your apartment? theres been some maintenance issues while you've been gone that i need you to look at.'"

That's.. weird? I mean she is my landlord but isn't this.. sudden?

I throw down Keith's car keys on the table and head towards the door. I mean, there really isn't any rush so I can walk.

Just as I was about to leave, Cherry was walking out as well.

Cherry: "Where are you going?"

Pico: "Oh I need to stop by my apartment real quick."

Cherry: "You need a ride?"

Pico: "Ehh.. why not."

Cherry and I walk out to her car, she gets in the driver's seat and I hop in the back.

Cherry: "You know, you don't have to sit back there, especially if you're in a rush."

Pico: "Take your time, I don't need to be there right away."

Cherry: "Alright.."

I crack open the wine and monster, then lay back and start to drink.

Cherry: "Uhh-"

Pico: "You want some?"

Cherry: "I-I'm driving? and in case you forgot I'm pregnant?"

Pico: "Oh yeah, more for me!"

I take a long swig as she starts up the car.

I direct her along the way, It takes a lot longer then I intended but I arrive, the bottle and can are empty.

Pico: "Can I leave these here?"

Cherry: "I'd rather you don't.."

Pico: "Thanks Cherry!"

- I say as I hop out of the car and slam the door. Leaving the bottle and can in her backseat.

I walk into my apartment, Nene is sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting for me.

Pico: "Uhhm, Nene?"

Nene: "Hmph, took you long enough."

Pico: "Aren't you.. not supposed to be in here?"

I look around, then shut the door behind me.

I see Nene jump off the counter and walk towards me.

Nene: "What do you mean I'm 'not supposed to be in here'"

She stepped in front of me, I realized she basically has me cornered.

She pins me against the door.