Chapter 17: You owe me (NSFW)

Pico's POV:

I sit at the barstool waiting for Cherry to come back out or her parents to come back in, I overhear Cherry call Nene "Babe".. Wonder what that's about..

I direct my attention back to Keith curled up in my arms and shivering, I don't blame him, I assume this is the first time a knife was pulled on him.

Pico: "Are you alright?" I say in a soft tone..

BF: "That was reaaally scary..."

He wraps his arms around me, I hug him back.

Pico: "Do you wanna go home?"

He sits back, sort of kneeling on my lap, and nods.

I pick him back up and walk into Cherry's bedroom.

I immediately see Cherry bend over looking under the bed, I assume that's where Nene is, so I try to keep out of view.

I realize that considering the size of the room no matter how quiet I whisper, Nene will hear me.

I think on the spot I might as well get her attention and mouth it to her.

I gently step on the floorboard ahead, so only Cherry will notice.

She pulls herself back and looks at me, I could tell she was trying to hold back from giggling at the way I was holding Keith.

I mouth to her:

Pico: "We're going to go now-"

She waved to me and I walked away.

I heard the door shut behind me, so I pick up the pace and walk out.

I see keys laying out at a table by the door, I consider it a sign that I should just take them and give them to her later. I grab them and walk out the door.

I struggle to lock the door with Keith in my arms, but I manage.

As I'm walking over to his car, I realize I can't really hold him in the car.. and that the car is still broken down...

Pico: "Do you really need me to hold you still?"

BF: "... Mhm..."

I could tell he was about to fall asleep then and there, so I came up with a better idea..

I open the side door and lay him out on the backseat, he was so sleepy that he couldn't tell the difference..

I gently shut the door and realize there's not a lot I can do here, both of our phones are long dead and we can't go back to Cherry, especially since Nene is in there..

I remember there's a jerry can in the back of Keith's car.. It'll have to do...

I open the back of Keith's car, again trying to be careful to not wake him up..

It's fucking empty.

There is.. something I could do...

I look at my surroundings, It's 3:30pm and surprisingly the street couldn't be more quiet.

Here goes nothing.

I run around the block to be out of view of Cherry's neighbors, then see a truck under a tarp in some guy's driveway..

I run up and fling the tarp off.

There's no going back now, I open the gas fuel-holder thing and stick the jerry can in, I hear it start to fill, then stop.

Pico: "Fuck."

I look around and still, no ones there.

I figure this much gas should at least bring us to a station..