20

Vadim*

She has a son? An Ivanov?

How did she end up hiding him from us all these years? Five years?

No tracks. No records. Like he never existed till now.

Why didn't she tell us? Why did she keep him from us?

All these questions has been running wildly in my head since she lost consciousness. Everytime I look at her on the bed connected by tubes all I see is more lies wrapped up like a kebab. What else could she be hiding that I do not know?

Soft feminine voices is heard from the distance not aware of our presence in the garden as Andrei distracts himself with ordering our men about the club acting like our woman is not dying and we are not fathers. It was like his coping mechanism; don't think, don't feel, lock it in a box.

"Who do you think he belongs to, Sonia?" I listen with apt attention trying not to reveal myself behind them rather eavesdrop on the conversation.

It came as a shock to everyone, I had no option but to call them back to the states. And since then, they also have waited cautiously to know the truth.

"I can't say. He looks like my son but definitely displays your crazy family genes."

"My family is not crazy, Sonia." Andrei's mum chides having my mum retort back pointedly.

"Really? Alexei and Andrei's cookoo train doesn't scream crazy to you."

"They are special." Mrs Rosie compliments having the first smile show on my lips at the irony of her definition of my cousins and Uncle. Special indeed.

"Really mum, aunt Sonia? Really? Now is the time to argue about whose sperm did the job?" Anastasia's voice cuts through, reprimanding the mothers.

"Just saying." My eyes roll at mother's remark knowing she shrugged even without seeing her do it.

Mrs Rosie jumps in questionably. "Did you know your brothers were having a secret affair with Trinity?"

"I kinda suspected when we were little."

Mum exclaims. "Ha! I told you Rosie. I knew something was sceptical with how attached they became to her and poor girl didn't realize it earlier enough till she fell into their charms."

Ana is right. Andrei and myself developed a strong attachment with Trinity since we were babies. She was sweet, smart, kind, beautiful and the most precious smile falls on her lips whenever she smiles. We knew she will be scared if we came direct with our feelings at such young ages; so we waited it out in other for her not to pass us as horny teenagers crushing over their baby sitter.

It was more. Much more than a crush.

We wanted her, craved for her, desired every muscle of her, lusted over her body. But we waited still. She wasn't ready.

Our world came crashing down when we got a call for Dad that she is leaving. He knew we needed her like our next breath so he and Uncle Alexei quickly proposed a plan for us without our mothers knowledge avoiding them fussing about how we are choking Trinity and she is a woman blah blah blah of her own.

It worked at first up until the next month she disappears right in front of us. Waking up that morning in our beach home to find it empty. She left every piece of clothes and jewelry we got for her, took nothing and disappeared.

Wrecks puts it lightly. Andrei ran mad searching for her, I completely withdraw myself from everyone and everything. She was gone.

How could she do that to us? How could she leave us knowing how vulnerable we were at that age? She knows how much she meant to us and she ran away.