Chapter twelve

Date: Sometime in fall, 1100

Universe: HTTYD

Location: Berserker Island

Dude I shouldn't have to explain what HTTYD is because d r a g o n

The sky was dark but the stars were bright.  As Peter spun in all directions, he couldn't tell which was was up or down. The stars seemed to be little lights dancing around him, too fast for his eyes to follow.

And then he hit the tough earth with a viscous thud.

"One," he sounded off with an exhausted beaten groan. Would this cycle of torture ever end?

"Oof!" He heard another thud land not too far from him, "two." It was Eleven.

"Three" the voice of Marinette whimpered as she rolled into the dark grass.

"Four." Called out Adrien just as he hit the earth seemingly unharmed.

"Five?" Lukas must have already been there cause Peter didn't hear him fall.

"Six!" Hermione shrieked.

"Am I supposed to say seven?" Harry asked.

"I think that's everyone?" Peter said as he sat up, followed by the screams of another a girl and boy.

"OH MY GOSH WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO US!" Kendra started sobbing.

"WHERE HAVE YOU TAKEN US?!"  Seth screeched.

"Relax!" Marinette burst out, "you're ok!"

"DRAGON!!!" Seth screamed.

"No don't worry there's no dragon!" Marinette insisted.

"FUCKING DRAGONS!" El screamed as she stumbled over her own feet. Everyone looked to the sky and sure enough, there were dragons littering the heavens. Fire rained down like deadly drops of rain from Hell itself, dark figures blurred their vision of the stars as they zipped overhead.

"Holy shit!" Peter panicked as he scrambled to get on his feet, "what the hell?!" He could hardly see but feeling around his body he found he had a horned helmet on and some sort of armor covering parts of his body.

"I HAVE AN AXE!" El cackled.

"That's not an axe-" Lukas corrected. El looked at the weapon in her hand.

"Oh yeah you're right... I HAVE A DOUBLE BLADED AXE!" She cries out in pure crazed pleasure as she spun the weapon around her body like she'd been waiting for this moment her whole life. Everyone had helmets and bits of armor on but after searching himself again, Peter unfortunately found he lacked a weapon.

"I have a shield." Lukas shrugged, taking the round shield off his back.

"Who decided giving Jane- er- El a weapon was a good idea?" Her moon fumbled and found a hatchet at her waist.

"How come you two get weapons and the rest of us don't?" Adrien frowned in the dark.

"We have swords?" Seth raised the sword in his hand, Kendra doing the same with an identical one as well.

"Wait guys- where's Annabeth and Percy?" Peter began to say when a loud screech cut him off. They must have been near a body of water because some massive creature began to raise it's head from the dark liquids. It's scales were green and it's face lined with fins.

"D-drag-" Harry muttered when another creature looked out from the forest behind him, "two drag-"

"Drag queens?!" Seth giggled.

"Shut up Seth!" Lender slapped him up the back side of his head.

"It's ok, I'll protect you guys if they try and hurt us." El said confidently as she stepped in front of the group, wielding her axe like weapon.

"You guys alright?" Suddenly a new voice could be heard, following by a large black dragon flying down from above and landing directly next to El.

"Ha-" El raised her axe defensively.

"Woah there El!" The voice chuckled. A human slide into view from around the dragon which was about the size of a horse. "If you guys aren't up to this mission it's alright but we need to know so we don't waist time looking for you. Dragons are being killed out there."

"Wait now the dragons are the good guys...?" Marinette muttered.

"They've always been, but some people have a hard time understanding that." The voice was soft and gentle. "So all of you are quitting?"

"Quitting what?" Peter asked, trying to get a good glimpse of the human. If he was who he thought he was then all of Peter's hopes and dreams were going to come true.

"The Beserkers are raiding ships and taking dragon hostages. We're also trying to put a stop to their dragon poaching. Remember?"

"Hiccup?"

"What, couldn't recognize me in the light?" Hiccup chuckled, "come on Peter. Get back on your dragon."

"Which one.., is my dragon?"

"This isn't time for jokes Peter." Hiccup sighed before pointing in the direction of the dragon behind Harry, "I know you're still a beginning so it's alright. Annabeth is experienced with new riders, she'll take care of you out there."

"Annabeth?!" Peter spun on his heels to face the dragon. She only had two legs whereas the others, from what he'd seen, had four. Her tail was covered in spines and her large head was crowned with several horns. She looked like the familiar dragon from the movies he'd seen as a kid, a dragon by the name of Storm Fly.

"Harry, you got Percy. Let's go!" Hiccup instructed, pointing at the large scoldron breed dragon which say itself in the water, it's head still raised high out of the water.

"How come we don't have dragons!?" Adrien pouted.

"It's not my fault you lost them, dummy!" Hiccup mounted his own dragon which Peter recognized to be the iconic Toothless. "Hurry now!" He said and took to the sky.

"Ok guys I know we shouldn't separate but I am RIDING A DRAGON AND YOU CANT STOP ME!" Peter grinned and climbed up on the dragon version of Annabeth. "Sup Annabeth. You're a dragon! How cool is that?!"

Annabeth purred in response before taking off with her grand wings to attempt flying. Peter let out a cheer of excitement between himself and Annabeth who seemed to be thrilled at the idea of being able to fly like this.

Not long after, Harry was beside them with Percy who happened to be an enormous dragon. Well actually, Percy couldn't fly. But his long neck surged high  enough from the water that it seemed her could.

Finally, Peter could genuinely smile for the first time since the whole mishap of events had occurred.