Until I met that girl Neen.

For a moment, I felt like a high school boy again, having a crush on a pretty girl.

But I've never seen her again after that fateful rainy day where she lent me her umbrella.

That pissed me off for days, of course.

Until Tay Tawan.

Until this man came barging in my cafe on one rainy day. What was supposed to be just an ordinary day had been turned into an extraordinary one because I met a special person like him, who, coincidentally, is my favorite writer when it comes to an erotic genre.

At some point, I wondered, what if I met Neen again before Tay came into my life.

Would I still like Neen?

Would I be able to date her?

Would Tay be just one of my patrons in the cafe?

Yet the thought of Tay being just a regular customer gives a subtle pang in my heart.

I don't know Neen. I don't know if she's special, too.

But I'm not curious anymore, and I have no intentions of finding out. Because to do so would mean letting go of Tay. And I don't think I can live with that in a lifetime.

I look at Tay, who's now driving towards the restaurant he told me about.

I'm in love with him.

Truly, I am.

You might say I need more time to figure out my true feelings.

But I don't.

My heart is at peace when I'm with him. It's like it knows it's being handled with care by the right person.

"Who's going to drive if I melt here because of your staring?" Tay looks at me briefly and smirks.

I chuckle as I hold his left hand, "Then I'll  put you in a jar and have you all by myself."

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you? Have me all by yourself?" He then gives me a mischievous look.

"Of course, I do. And I'd break the limbs of anyone who'll try to take you away from me."

"Good. Because we're here."

I look outside and see a tall building.

"That's where we'll eat? A hotel?" I aks as he drives inside the parking lot.

"Yup."

"Seriously? I thought we'll just have dinner in a simple restaurant or something. I should have worn better clothes," I look down on myself as I check my simple long sleeves blue polo shirt, with its sleeves rolled up, partnered with simple jeans and sneakers.

"New, believe me, you can wear rags, and you'd still outstand all the people in there."

I can't help but blush he gives the back of my hand a light kiss.

***

To say that I'm surprised is definitely an understatement.

We're currently in the rooftop of a luxury hotel, overlooking the magnificent view of the City.

"We're going to eat here?" I whisper at Tay's ears, walking hand in hand as we walk towards our table, "How much are we going to spend tonight, Tay?"

He chuckles as he briefly plants a soft kiss on my cheek. I see a lot of eyes looking at us. I guess a lot of people are still not used to same sex relationships.