13: The Highest Summon

- Bright's POV -

Win and I are currently here in a classy restaurant watching the two humans from afar.

So far, we've been succeeding on making their first date a disaster.

After the popcorn-tragedy in the cinema, Thitipoom's mood seemed to have shifted big time but Tay was only able to recover it when he offered New dinner.

And that's why we sit here now inside this fancy restaurant that I nor Win have no money to pay for.

I guess I'll be using my powers again.

I just hope the auditing team in Inania isn't keeping tabs on me right now.

Win scans the menu but I know his using his powers to listen in on the two.

"So, what's happening?" I ask Win as I scan the menu myself, choosing the least pricey so to lessen the guilt of using my powers to get out of paying.

"Tawan's talking about ---- well, more like spouting lies --- about a job he doesn't have. He still hasn't told Thitipoom that he's a writer. Tsk tsk tsk. A relationship that is built on lies is bound to fall."

Win shakes his head with a straight face.

Tsk. This guy. Isn't that what he wants? For them to fall?

"That's great then, isn't it? That would make your job easier," I tell him as I call for the waiter.

I chose the Risotto pasta. Maybe I'll just have a glass of water because I know Win. He's definitely going to order desserts and I just don't have the heart to tell him no.

"Nah. I just don't get why he can't just tell him. What's wrong with being a writer of erotica novels? It's not like it's a crime? Plus, if only he knows that Thitipoom reads erotica, too. Tsk, tsk," he turns to the waiter and speaks before I do, "I'll have steak, medium rare, alfredo pasta, onion rings as a side dish, and mango juice. Then I'll have your dessert-of-the-day. How 'bout you?" Win looks at me, smiling.

I internally shake my head.

This guy, really. Just how big his appetite is?

"I, uhh, I'll have this carbonara and a glass lf water. Thanks," I nod at the server.

When he leaves, I look at Win scowling at me.

"What?"

"You made me look like you're gluttonous boyfriend. I heard him say it," Win says but my mind already goes haywire by the mention of the word 'boyfriends.'

Boyfriends.

The server thinks we're boyfriends.

Does it mean we fit with each other? I wonder what's with us that speaks we're boyfriends.

Just thinking about it makes me feel something in my stomach. Is this what they call butterflies?

But if I'm human, I surely know I would be blushing right now. Good thing, my skin is naturally cold so I could conceal my true feelings.

I look at Win and I know, whatever he tells me to do now, I think I'd just say yes. No hesitation.

"They just ordered now, too. You think we can make a little mess later?"

"No problem," I answer without even blinking.

See? No hesitation.

"I really wish I could be done with this, Bright. This job is kind of taxing. I mean, I'm not built to tear lovers apart!" Win whines and I can't help by pity him.

Of course, when you against your nature, it will take a toll on you. It will feel draining and tiring, just like how Win is now.

"Don't worry. That's why I'm here, right? Tl help you get the job done. After this, we can resume our lives like nothing happened," I assure him but suddenly, the last few words tasted bitter in my mouth.

These past few weeks have been better than the last decades we've been together.

I guess I enjoy being needed by Win. I like the fact that I'm being a huge to help now.

If we go back to our previous routine, he won't need me anymore.

Unless, of course, I intentionally ruin his job.

Which, I won't do ever. I can't do that to him! He enjoys his job really well and the least I want to do to him and is get punished just because of my selfishness.

It just saddens me to think that once all of this is over, once we succeed in tearing Tawan and Thitipoom apart, we'll go back to just being... us.

"Hey, hey, hey! Their order is coming, Bright! Get ready!" Win exclaims and I realize, I guess as long as he's with me with that smiling face and happy voice, I'd be content with that.

I have to.

I turn my head and face the two humans' direction. I focus on the approaching server.

Just a few steps away from their table, I make the man see a stray step in front of him. Out of panic, he avoids it but made Thitipoom's order --- risotto pasta which I would have ordered if not for the amount of Win's order --- spill on his head.

The other customers gasp and Tawan suddenly stands to come to Thitipoom's aid.

"I did it," I proudly say to Win as I look at the two.

I turn to him to see his proud reaction but get surprised when I see who's standing beside him.

"Can't escape now, Azrali," the middle-aged beautiful woman sweet says to me.

She's Win's boss.

What is she doing here?

"Bright,"

I look at Win and sees him smiling but I can read his expression --- he's scared and I don't like seeing him that way.

But I don't know what to do.

I am powerless against the highest Aphros, head of the Bureau of Amarenis, the department in charge of the human's love affairs.

"I'll be leaving for a while," Win continues, his mouth quivering.

"No," I quietly say to him.

"Let's go, Amos 212299," the woman says. Only Win and I can see him so Win tries to act as normal as possible.

I watch as they leave the restaurant. They cannot teleport from here because the humans have already seen Win.

Just when I thought we're succeeding, the consequences of our actions are catching up on us.

"Come back soon, Win. Come back, please."

---