07: Running Away

- Bright's POV -

I sit and watch Win pace back and forth and it is sort of getting into my nerves already.  We're back here at the abandoned bodega after the failed operation. Who would have thought that Tay would step in? Win was too engrossed in New's thoughts that he forgot to check Tay's.

He and his hero complex. Tsk.

Win had been racking his brains out since a while ago, trying to come up with more ways to part the humans Tawan and Thitipoom.

On the green board were the words "OPLAN: BREAK TAWANPOOM APART" written with chalk by Win without anything else written underneath.

Where we got the green board? Well, Win and I sneaked it out of a school.

Hey, hey! Easy with the judgment there, okay?! We're not thieves!

That school was already abandoned and scheduled to be demolished tomorrow. Hence, we were able to salvage this poor board before it gets crushed down.

See? Not thieves. Salvors, rather.

Now back to this stupid cupid in distress.

"Can you really think while you walk like that? Isn't that more distracting?"

Win faced me and pointed the chalk at me, "You are more distracting! If you're not going to contribute anything, just shut up," and continued walking.

I just sighed out of annoyance. I want to answer back but I don't want to annoy him more.

"Humans should be simple, right? But why am I having a hard time?"

Win said although I'm pretty sure he's talking to himself and not to me.

"At least now we know Tawan has a hero complex," I told Win.

He looked at me and folded his arms, "What do you mean, exactly?"

"We should come up with something that would not make Tay a hero. We must not let him show that side of his."

We. Yeah, it's a 'we' now. From just trying to help Win to officially becoming a part of this. How far would I go with this cupid? And why am I letting him go away with this?

I sighed again. I frequently find myself letting Win have his way with me these years. 

Is it because he's adorable? Dogs are adorable, too, yet I don't let them stay when they asked me so they could be with their owners longer. So, why him?

Is it because he's my friend? But I have other friends. I mean, not as close as Win is with me but still, friends. Yet I never did any of their biddings except when it's work-related. Which, could make sense because their work is the same as mine. But Win is an Amos. His job is totally different than mine. So, why do this with him?

Is it because he's pushy? Yeah, I guess. But then, I can always say no, right? So, why don't I?

"Hmm... what if we ruin Tawan's image to Thitipoom? We can make him look disgustingly awful that would make New dislike him. Hmmm..."

Win looked up and his fingers tapping on his chin and well, there goes the pout again that stirs something inside me.

I cleared my throat and fixed my sitting position, although there's really nothing to fix since I always sit uprightly. I just needed to distract myself from my own thoughts.

"He has a hero complex. So he must be brave, right?" I told Win and he looked at me.

"Yeah?"

I stood up and took the chalk from  Win's hand. I approached the board and wrote something on the board which made Win jump in glee.