11: The Double Date - Part 3

- Win's POV -

Aaaw, the humans are holding ha - wait.

No!

No, Win!

Aargh. I'm still not used to being on the opposite side of love!

Win, get a hold of yourself right now!

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

I looked at Bright and saw him holding my two wrists.

I realized that I just slapped myself.

"Nothing, nothing." I gave Bright an assuring smile trying my best to hide my embarrassment.

"Another annoying habit you have picked up from the humans, huh? Tsk."

Bright's brows furrowed when he held my jaw while I held my breath. He caressed my cheeks with his thumbs and all I can do is look at him as my body has become immobile.

"There. Does it feel better now?" Bright looked at me with his wide cat-like eyes and there it is again.

My heart.

It's beating so fast I felt it skip a beat.

These past two decades, I know something changed with the guy. I could not pinpoint it, but I know something has changed.

He has become... softer? Warmer?

No, not his physical self. He is still the guy with cold skin and a stoic face.

He still whines when I ask him to buy me something.

He still says I'm annoying.

But lately, especially when this disaster happened, he has been making me feel... things.

Things that are alien to me. To an Amos.

I mean, I know what it is.

But I refuse to recognize that it is happening to me.

It can't be.

I'm not a human.

I can't be in... I can't be that.

Maybe he is just guilty? Maybe be pities me that is why he has been what he is now?

Yes. That is the most plausible reason right now.

He does not... nah. Of course, not.

Azralis are not capable of doing that.

Right?

"Hey, Win! You okay?"

I blinked multiple times at Bright as he just brought me back from my reverie.

"Y-yeah! I'm fine, I'm fine!" I smiled at him as I pulled away from his hold and followed the two humans that are the subject matter of my job right now.

Right.

Tawan and Thitipoom.

They should be my focus right now.

I have a job that I should finish. Or rather, a job I have to undo.

I cannot get distracted.

Bright caught up to me and walked side by side with me. I can feel his eyes bore at me but I refuse to look back at him.

Tawan and Thitipoom were already choosing a movie to watch.

I focused on Thitipoom's mind instead of my own.

Ha! Like I guessed.

"Bright, they're choosing a romantic movie. You know what to do right?"

I looked at him and he's still looking at me like that.