18: The Farewell

- Win's POV -

Bright told me everything that had happened.

Apparently, I was gone for three weeks. There's really no concept of time in the 'in-between' where I came from with my boss.

It felt like I only spent a few minutes there.

He told me he looked for me everywhere, even in some places he knows I don't visit ever. He admitted that it was absurd, but I guess he was that desperate to look for me.

I saw it, you know? I saw it in his eyes when we met again. 

For the first time in my life, that was the only time I ever saw him cry. That was the only time I ever saw an Azrali cry. 

And I know that I should start being kind to Bright now, but I can't help but tease him about it!

"Hey, crybaby!" I call him as I extend my hand towards him to take the ice cream I asked him to buy.

Right now, I am seated on a bench here in Lumphini Park, where I received the card of Thitipoom and Neen, the defective one. Bright just tagged along. It's okay. I'll make him my slave for the day.

Bright just rolls his eyes but gives me the ice cream anyway, "Seriously, when are you going to drop it?"

"Until you get tired of it and leave me!" I joke as I laugh, waiting for Bright to laugh, too, or return a snide remark, but instead, all I get is a small lopsided smile on his lips.

Why? Why is he being like this?

"Bright—"

"Win," he turns to me and gives me a wide smile, that instead of making me feel happy, I'm feeling scared instead, "Today, you're the boss. Let's go wherever you want to. I don't have cards with me. Plus, Tawan and Thitipoom are pretty much progressing without the help of their cupid. For the first time, we've had what humans call a rest day. Let's go wherever you want. Let's do whatever you want. What do you say?"

I look at him, feeling conflicted about all this. A part of me thinks that something isn't right. A part of me says he just missed me. That's why he's saying this.

But seeing Bright take the initiative to spend a joyful day instead of a dull one, I couldn't help but agree to the latter.

I jump on my feet and hold out my right hand to him, "Come on, then!" There's no harm in skipping a day's work, I guess? I mean, I've done worse things than that.

Yeah. he just missed me.

And truthfully speaking, I missed him, too.

***

I told Bright I wanted to do all the mundane things that I've always wanted to do. Being on a job 24/7, I only get to look at humans do all these things and feel jealous.

Right now, we're in line to ride the highest roller coaster in the amusement park.

"Win."

I look at Bright and almost burst into laughter because he's so pale and his body is trembling! Really? Of all the gory things this man has witnessed, this is what he's afraid of?!

"Win, le-let's go somewhere else," he tries to walk away, but I pull him by his collar.

"Nope! You said I'm the boss today so I will be the boss and the boss says ride here!" I point at the towering ride as I show him a big, bunny smile.