05: The Plan

- Win's POV -

"Where are we?"

I asked Bright as I looked around the place. We seem to be in an abandoned bodega, with several chairs and tables collecting dust.

"Why did you bring us here?" I asked again when I got no response from him as he just took two chairs and brought them to where I was standing.

"We're currently out of the city. It's safe here. Only Azralis and their chosen guests can enter here. This is the place where we usually hang out when -"

"Hangout? Really????" I cut Bright off.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Seriously? You know what "hang out" means?" I asked Bright with a smirk on my face as I looked for a cloth to clean my chair.

"What exactly do you mean?" He sounded annoyed as he sat down on the dusty chair.

Gross. Tsk.

"I just find it weird. I thought you guys prefer isolation and loneliness?" 

A cloth, at last! I picked it up and noticed that it is a handkerchief. Well, I don't care who owns it. I'm going to use it anyway.

"Excuse me but we are not lonely, okay? And yes, we prefer to isolate ourselves most of the time but that doesn't mean we don't know how to socialize," Bright defended as he rolled his eyes.

There! It's clean now!

I sat across Bright cross-legged with my arms crossed on my chest, mimicking him.

"Then when was the last time you hang out?"

Bright looked at the ceiling at tapped his fingers on his chin, "Last two years based on human time, I think?"

"Last two years?! You call that hanging out?! Heck! Amosias make sure to at least meet once a month and it's never enough for us!!" I looked around and now it dawned to me why the place pretty much seemed abandoned.

Bright just shrugged at me and I just shook my head in disbelief.

Seriously, these Azralis. I will never get their lifestyle. Ever!

"Enough about me. So what are you planning to do now?" Bright asked which reminded me that I actually have a bigger problem now than their want for aloneness.

"Ooooooooy!" I frustratedly shouted as I aggressively ruffled my hair and bent my head down on my knees. "I can't believe I'm having this problem now! How could I have been so stupid to make such a grave mistake?!"

"Can you please sit up straight? You look crazy."

I looked up at him with an incredulous look on my face.

"WELL, I AM CRAZY! I AM GOING CRAZY!" 

I stood up and paced back and forth with my hands on my hips.

"I need a plan, Bright. I need a plan to rectify the situation."

"What exactly would happen if they fall for each other?" Bright asked.

I stopped and looked at him, "My doom."

Bright rolled his eyes at me. "Could you please elaborate?"

I heaved a sigh and went back to my seat. I pulled the chair and sat closer to Bright.

"Two things that you should know." I raised my right hand and made a peace sign as humans do. "There's a difference between unsuccessful matchmaking and wrongful matchmaking. In unsuccessful matchmaking, matched people are really meant for each other but other matters affecting their lives hinder them to be together in the current lifetime. Hence, we have to wait for another lifetime to match them again."