19: The Question

- Tay's POV -

I check the digital clock on my laptop.

It's already twenty-three minutes past five, and my heart starts to beat erratically again.

I look at New, who's busy tending the ordering counter of his cafe.

A small smile appears on my face, mirroring that of his as he talks to one of his customers.

I'll never get tired of this view.

More than three months ago, I met him in this very cafe while I was soaking wet. The rain was pouring hard that day, but the moment I saw him, it's like everything around him just exuded of rainbows and clear skies.

I felt an unfamiliar tug in my heart, as if it knew that it's in the right place.

'Foolish,' you might say. How can a heart know that it's already in the right place?

And I don't have an answer to that.

But somehow, these past few months, I just know that I've found the one.

Too fast? Maybe.

Confused? Definitely not.

How do I know? Because I've been confused all my life.

I was confused about my gender orientation before.

I was confused whether or not to take a risk in being a writer or just take the position my family has handed to me in the family business.

I was confused whether or not the person I'm in love with will be my endgame.

I've had my fair share with being confused.

But not this time.

Not with New.

I was meant to be here three months ago in this cafe.

I was meant to meet him.

I was called here.

Fate called me.

And although we've pretty much been doing what lovers do these past few months, we're still not official.

Yes, I'm confident about us, but I would like it if I can officially call him mine and me, his.

New looks at me after the line of people has emptied. He smiles at me sweetly, and I smile back.

"Wait for me, okay?" He mouths at me as he gestures to himself and signs 'wait.'

To be loved by this man is the greatest pleasure I've ever heard.

He's worth the wait and more.

"I will," I wink at him and chuckles as I see his cheeks flush and give me a stink eye.

Tonight, I hope everything goes well.

---

- New's POV -

Tay has invited me to dinner and offered to wait for me to in my cafe.

These past few weeks, my heart has been swelling with too much happiness.

Although, to be honest, there's a looming fear within me that this might be taken away any moment.

But I always keep that voice down so as to not let it interfere with my days with Tay.

For several years, I've been used to being alone. Ever since my mom died, relationships have been the least of my priorities. Casual hook-ups have been my only source of physical pleasure, and that was okay.