Chapter 2: Caught up

During lunch time, which was great because Sherwin and Jonathan have the same lunch together, same goes to the others.

So Darren thought of a picnic outside the back of the school, ordering pizza.

Sherwin sat next with his sweetie, couldn't believe he is finally here, trying to get pretty used to the new look.

He's really digging it~

That's when the latino noticed and smirked. "I know your staring baby, I can see something different yourself hmm~"

He leaned closer to the redhead which made him turn red like always.

"Stop it..." Sherwin acted shy all of a sudden, it was still adorable and never gets old.

"So, how was Mexico?" Sunny asked sitting next with Luci, Milo, Ralph, Vinny and Kaden.

"It was lovely as always, got to have my sweet 15 there."

Luci gasped with excitement "oh yeah!"

Then he chuckled nervous. "I had to wear the most weirdest suit, even had to take so many photos by my mama." Jonathan turned red from the thought of the outfit.

"Oh my god I saw that! You looked awesome dude!" Kaden shouts out.

"Speaking of that, I screenshot them" he smirked pulling out his phone and everyone got to see it, except for Jonathan, trying to stop him and too late.

"You look like one of those villains from a western film." Ralph laughed and everyone joined in.

"Oh shut up guys."

"Oh! Here's one when he's dancing, he's got moves."

Jonathan's POV

I am so gonna kill him after school...

Sherwin's POV

Im so glad we are all back, there is so much I wanted to show to Jonathan and what's new going on.

I guess its my turn to ask him out.

"Hey uh Jon? You doing anything later?"

He turned his gorgeous face towards me, god...Its like looking at an actual prince charming...

"Well, basically unpack my things and possibly take a nap, why?" He gave me a smirk, knowing what I really wanted, well it's mostly a need.

"Mmm maybe I can help you unpack,  we can cuddle and maybe kiss?" I said softly so that no one could hear.

Jonathan chuckled at me and nodded "of course, I can't wait to taste those sweet lips of yours" he whispered and my goodness...now I wonder why he enjoys Corpse Husband....

We all saw Darren come back with the pizza and bread sticks, putting them all on the table.

"There we go, and I didn't forget the ranch." He pulled out a small bag of the delicious heavenly sauce.

We all digged in.

End of POV

Darren sat by his sweetie pie and pretty much had a nice talk about their summer and what will be their perspective of high school would be to them.

Jonathan held Sherwin's hand near his thigh, which made the red head blush, usually they rarely do that, the thigh mostly.

--By the end of the day--

The friend group split up and it was just the two gay lovebirds.

"Ready to head to my place? My mom saved some tres leche, gotta try it." Jonathan requested and Sherwin was already up for it.

"Oh yeah! You sent me photos of it! It looks really good."

"And refreshing" The latino added and they two walked down to their homes, which was very calming. Yes it is still a little hot out, but soon in a few weeks, it'll get cooler, plus spooky season is on the way, which is exciting!

When they entered inside the house, to the surprise everything felt like it was back to normal.

"Mama! Im home!" Jonathan said and Selena walked over to see them, and gave Sherwin a big hug.

"Aww Its so good to see you again mijo!" She cheerfully said which made the redhead hug back.

"Hola Sherwin!" Alejandro said in the back, waving while holding his brief case, looks like he has to work after a 3 month family visit, what a pain but that's life.

"Mom, do we still have any more tres leche?" Jonathan asked her.

She nods and points to the fridge "help yourself! there's plenty."

Jonathan walked over to grab a piece and a spoon for his Sherbert.

"Let's head to my room."

So they made their way up to his bedroom, once again felt like everything never happened except for a few souvenirs.

Sherwin spotted a very cute skull pillow which was knitted very detailed.

"Oh, my grandma loves to knit pillow cases, its her retirement job." Jonathan explained and hugged the thing to his chest.

They both made themselves comfortable sharing the piece of milk cake, they may not speak for a moment, but they are speaking to their eyes gazing into one another.

"So, what was it like during the summer without me hmm?" Jonathan asked the first question, Sherwin has so much to tell him.

"Well, I actually went to an art camp with Luci for 3 weeks, Ive accomplished 3 different art pieces in different forms!"

The Latino nodded "That's cool baby."

"Then I started doing makeup tutorials on YouTube, I looked ridiculous while doing them..." Sherwin blushed from the thought of it.

"At least you did better than James Charles."

That cracked a big smile on their faces, laughing at the roast.

"Anyways, oh! I even went to 2 festivals with my mom, looks like she's met someone."

This sparked Jonathan "oh really?! Im so proud of her! Hope he's nice."

The redhead nodded "he's very nice, and he accepts me too!"

"Well, if he ever hurts you, just come over and we can go on a midnight stroll like we used to whenever were upset." Jonathan wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling in for a side hug. Sherwin placed his head over his shoulder giving it a sweet nuzzle.

"I love you Johnnycake.." He whispered so only he could hear.

"I love you too Sherbert."

They finished up the tres leche and end up spooning, just to feel their presents once again for the last 3 months.

"Babe?" Sherwin asked.

"Hmm?"

"D-do you think were ready?.."

To be continued...