009. sat stands for stupid ass test

Start from the beginning

"I'm not scary! Am I scary?" she asked Aria, exasperatedly.

Aria hesitated, pondering over whether or not she should be honest or reassure her friend. She decided on the latter. "A little."

"Hey, I saw Noel Kahn hug you, and he did not wanna let go," Hanna chuckled, jumping back on the Noel Kahn subject because why not? He's, like, so hawt! 

"Talk about not wanting to let something go," Aria muttered.

"Why can't you give him a chance? He's smart, he's cute, his dad owns, like, half of Rhode Island, and he's got great lips," Hanna said.

"His father?" Spencer asked, in disgust, finally looking up from those stupid, useless flash cards. 

That brought back some unwanted memories for Rachel. "Been there, done that, don't wanna go back," she grimaced, shuddering. So gross!

The girls gave her horrified looks because, um, what the hell? "No. Ew. Seriously, Aria, you and Noel would look amazing together," Hanna stated. She missed the person she was five seconds ago, before Rachel's comment. 

"Can we just drop it, please? I'm not looking for anything more than a friend," Aria told her.

"Why? Don't you have enough on Facebook? Besides, don't you want someone real, someone you can, I don't know, scratch and sniff." 

"Wow. Maybe you should just eat that over the garbage," Spencer laughed. 

"And wouldn't you rather be with someone whose dad owns all of Rhode Island?" Rachel joked. Half is, like, so lame! Why settle for half when you could find someone who owns a full island? Like, hello! Common sense. 

"Wouldn't you rather be with someone whose your own age?" Spencer retorted. Touché. 

"Look, I am trying to help out a friend here. We don't all have smoking hot ball boys from the country club," Hanna smirked. 

"What is going on with you and Alex?" Aria asked.

"Is he back from that tournament?"

"Yeah. He's back," she said.

"And..."

"And it's good. It's so good. I want it to last, but I'm afraid I'm gonna blow it," Spencer groaned.

"So, when can we officially call him the boyfriend?" Rachel asked. She had no interest in talking about anyone other than herself, but her love life was so boring currently that she was desperate. 

Spencer shrugged before Veronica Hastings walked into the kitchen, setting her purse on the counter. "Hi, girls. Oh, what smells so good?" 

"Garlic bread. Want some?" Spencer offered.

"I can't. God, I miss food. Eat some butter for me, will you?" Veronica replied, clutching her stomach before she turned around, looking at her phone. 

"Hey, maybe you should ask Alex to-"

"Stop. Not now," Spencer whispered, gesturing to her mother, whose back was still to the girls.