009. sat stands for stupid ass test

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐬. As Aria and Spencer quizzed each other on vocabulary using flash cards, Hanna and Rachel just sat around, choosing to chat the girls' ears off rather than study for the important test tomorrow. 

"It's insane! I mean, how many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna wondered out loud, poking the leftover pasta she was eating with her fork. 

"Stringent."

"Uh, tough. Inflexible," Spencer answered, staring ahead as she concentrated on the answer. 

"It's not like you're gonna actually use 'em," Hanna went on.

"Meretricious."

"I mean, it's not like you go to college and then you just start speaking a completely different language," Hanna chuckled.

"It's about getting into college," Spencer replied. "Meretricious, um, phony, flashy?" she asked Aria.

"Oh, Hanna, why are you still eating that?" Rachel asked, scrunching up her face in disgust. As much as Rachel loved pasta, she refused to ever eat leftovers of any kind of food. 

"'Cause it's here," the blonde shrugged, taking another bite. 

"Put it in the garbage," Spencer told her.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it." 

The girls laughed at the comment before the quizzing continued. "Besotted."

"Infatuated, enamored, in love with."

"Hey, what did Noel Kahn say to you after the memorial?" Hanna then asked Aria. 

Ever since the dinner at Hanna's with Aria, Noel and Sean, before the memorial, Hanna has been completely rooting for Aria and Noel to get together. She knew that nothing was actually going on between Rachel and Noel. Plus, Aria used to have a huge crush on Noel back in freshman year. 

"Hello, we are taking the SATs in less than 12 hours. Can we focus?" Spencer asked.

"Okay, Spencer. You do not need to know any more big words. You're already scary enough to anyone under fifty," Rachel joked.