002. the jenna thing

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞. The Grille was one of the hotspots in Rosewood, it's somewhere the girls used to meet up a lot back when they were a group of six. Rachel, Spencer and Hanna sat on one side of the table, while Emily and Aria sat across from them. They had decided to grab a bite since they needed to debrief on the events at the funeral, such as Jenna and Toby randomly showing up and Detective Wilden suggesting that they were guilty of something. 

"Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked, keeping her voice somewhat hushed. 

The girls were all wondering the same thing. Jenna and Alison were big enemies. Alison hated Jenna not even a week after Jenna first moved to Rosewood back in October of 2008. As for Toby Cavanaugh, well, no one in Rosewood liked Toby. He was the freak, the loner. 

"I guess she's back," Spencer shrugged. 

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something," Hanna pointed out. 

"Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked. 

The girls had nothing to be guilty of. Other than underage drinking and lying about The Jenna Thing, they had nothing to do with Alison's murder. No one could ever find out about The Jenna Thing, even though it barely had anything to do with the murder case. 

Rachel still wished she remembered more about that night. What if something crucial about the mystery was witnessed by her and she just forgot about it?

"Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong," Aria said. 

"Except lie about the Jenna thing," Rachel spoke, "Which is pretty big, if you ask me."

"We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember? It never happened," Spencer said, in a hushed voice. 

"Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night," Aria admitted. 

"Aria, it was an accident." 

Rachel poured some of her flask into her cup, and noticed an older man looking at her in confusion.  Already in a crappy mood, Rachel huffed and spoke up, "It's medicinal." He continued to stare at her. "Cramps!" Rachel turned back to the girls. "What are the chances he's ever been with a girl?"

"I don't get it. How does A know something about me that only Alison knew?" Emily asked.

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but we never knew any of hers," said Aria.