008. immortality, my darlings

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐃𝐨 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞. After lots of hard work and dedication, the girls had finished the bench that was going to be put in the center of town. At Spencer's house, Hanna, Emily and Rachel sat in the living room while Aria and Spencer pushed the huge box that contained the little figurines that were going to be placed on top of the bench. There were also going to be art tiles surrounding the bench, some with little notes from loved ones. 

"I was afraid she wouldn't get it done in time for the memorial," Aria said, as she came to halt, leaving the box standing in the living room. 

"And this was someone from your mom's gallery?" Rachel asked.

"Right."

"Where is your mom?" Emily asked, walking over to Aria and Spencer. 

"There's an apartment above the gallery, so she's staying there. For now," Aria replied.

"That's kind of weird, isn't it? Your mom moving out," Hanna asked, looking up from the almost finished rough draft of the program that she had been reading. 

"Yeah, like my dad should have left. That's what you'd expect," Aria said, sarcastically, still rather sensitive to the entire situation. When Spencer quietly scolded Aria and Hanna stared at the girl with raised eyebrows, Aria spoke up, "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. The whole thing just sucks."

"I know," Hanna stated quietly, showing her understanding. 

"Did anyone call Shelly Leonard?" Emily then asked.

Rachel walked over to where the box stood. "Done. And I told her if she plays anything depressing, I will kick in her cello," she told them, causing the girls to chuckle, knowing that Shelly Leonard needed that threat looming over her.

"Oh, what about the program?" Aria asked.

"Almost done, but we should finish it before Ali's brother gets here," Spencer said. 

Rachel tensed up upon hearing that. The girls had recently found out that Jason DiLaurentis would be returning to town for the memorial and wanted to assist the girls with the planning. To say Rachel was nervous was an understatement. She hadn't heard from Jason since last summer and she had no idea where they stood. They were never a couple, but what were they exactly? Friends with benefits?