007. cool girls blackmail

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. None of them could get ahold of the girl and they were becoming extremely panicked as they ran all over the school, faint cheering and the bass booming from the gym were heard. As they turned a corner, they came to a halt as Spencer flicked on the light switch beside the row of lockers ahead. The lights turned on before starting to fritz. 

"Um, why don't we split up?" Spencer suggested. 

"Um, why don't we not?" Rachel retorted. The last thing she wanted was to be wandering around the school alone with a potential killer on the loose. Rachel desperately wanted the night to be over. Not only was her friend's life in danger, she knew she would also have to deal with Hanna later, as the whole Homecoming Queen situation wasn't going to remain unknown to the girl for much longer and she also felt bad for ditching Noel, but hopefully he'd understand. 

"Rachel, you can come with me," Hanna told her. 

Aria dialed a number. "Who are you calling?"

"I'm trying her until she picks up," Aria said, holding her phone up to her ear. 

The girls heard a faint sound of a cell phone ringing. Following the sound, they found Emily's phone on the floor, right outside of the chemistry lab. Rachel picked up Emily's phone before the girls walked into the lab. It was messy and dark, with the lights turned off, the large cabinet that usually stood against the back wall was now on the floor, a few stools had also been knocked over and shattered glass was littered over the floor. 

"Is that blood?" Hanna asked, noticing the spots of blood on the ground, next to the shattered glass. 

"Don't go there," Spencer told the blonde.

"Why not? She was up here with Toby," Hanna replied. 

The girls examined the classroom once more before exiting the room and continuing their search for Emily. After seeing the mess in the lab and blood on the floor, they felt even more scared, if that was even possible. 

*

Emily was okay. Well, as okay as she could be under the circumstances. At the school the previous night, Toby had led her up to the chemistry lab because he wanted to tell her what happened last summer but that was when she got the text from Aria, stating that Toby was the killer. When Toby had tried to grab her so she wouldn't leave, she pushed him into the cabinet of beakers, causing it to fall over from the impact, to defend herself as she made a run for it. However she didn't make it far when she tripped over the train of her dress and fell, cracking her head open.