003. the friendship bracelet

𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬. They had been assigned the task of planning Alison's memorial. Their first idea was to do it in the woods, somewhere they spent a lot of time together with Alison. Rachel liked the idea, however she was not outdoors-y so hiking through the woods with bugs flying at her constantly was not how she wanted to start her day. It didn't help that the girls were lost. 

"Whose idea was this, again?" Rachel asked, "'Cause I'm ready to throw hands at whoever suggested this," she said as she climbed up a small hill. 

 "Emily's mom," Spencer replied.

"The shed was me. My mom just said we should do something for us," Emily told the girls.

"Well, couldn't we do something without mosquitoes?" Rachel asked.

 "They're not mosquitoes, they're gnats," Aria corrected.

"Whatever! They're small and annoying, and they're flying up my nose," the brunette complained.

"Well, they're attracted to your perfume. And your hair product. And your lip gloss," Spencer told her, chuckling slightly.

"So, what are you saying, I attract flies?" Rachel asked, rolling her eyes.

"Gnats."

"Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?" Emily asked them.

"No, this is it. I remember that tree. It's the halfway point. There's 136 steps left to the shed," Spencer said.

The girls stared at her blankly. "Have you been out here since Alison?" Emily asked.

"Me? No. No way."

"But you remember that tree," Aria stated. 

"You guys, it's not that weird. I mean, we came out here in eighth grade like, every day. Even after," Rachel interjected. 

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this- whatever you call it, shrine," Spencer said.

"It's not a shrine. It's just a place to remember Alison. What's wrong with that?" Emily asked. 

"Doing it way out here makes it look like we have something to hide," Spencer replied.

"You're worried what other people think?" Emily asked.