007. cool girls blackmail

Start from the beginning

While she was unconscious, Toby had dropped her off at the emergency room before bolting. When being questioned by the police later about the incident, they informed her that Toby had gone back to his house and took his motorcycle, presumably skipping town. 

Emily was in okay condition. She had to get a few stitches in her head and she injured her wrist, but other than that she was okay, glad to be back in her own bed. Aria and Rachel sat across from her on the bed while Spencer leaned against her dresser while they filled her in on what they found out through Toby's file. 

"It was all in his shrink's file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship," Aria filled Emily in.

"Way beyond step siblings," Rachel added. Although, Rachel had been aware of the situation for quite a while, it still made her feel extremely uneasy knowing that Jenna had been forcing Toby into an unethical relationship. However, because the girls didn't know that she knew about the situation beforehand in the first place, she couldn't correct them when they assumed that Toby was the one forcing Jenna into the relationship. 

"Yeah, they were involved," Aria said, uneasily.

"Romantically?"

"I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice," Spencer said.

"And that's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb," Aria told Emily.

"Yeah, and she threatened to expose Toby, which is probably why he wanted her dead," Spencer said, placing her coffee cup on the dresser. 

"And not just her. Us. You," Aria told her. 

Emily looked down at her hands. "You don't believe us?" Spencer asked, in disbelief.

"I do, I-I just don't get it. If Toby killed Alison and wanted to do the same to me, then why am I sitting in my bed and not in a body bag?" Emily asked. "I told the police that when I went out for air, I tripped."

"Why didn't you just tell them he attacked you?" Rachel asked.

"I didn't want to say anything until I talked to you guys first."

"Well, the truth is in the file," Rachel muttered.

"You can tell them everything now," Spencer said.

"She can't tell them everything. You have to leave out the file," Aria said. The girls obviously weren't supposed to have that file in the first place, as it's confidential information that only the therapist should have access too. If anyone found out that they stole the file, they would be in deep trouble. 

"Fine. Leave out the file."

Then Hanna walked in. "Who knew Rosewood had this many cops? I went to put this back, and they were outside the doctor's office talking to Toby's shrink. They know this was stolen," Hanna exclaimed, worriedly, holding up the file. The blonde looked over at Rachel, giving her a cold look before turning her focus on Emily. 

"Can I see that?" Emily asked, holding her hand out. 

Hanna handed her the file. "If anyone saw me go into that building last night, I am so hosed."