Day 5 - I'm thinking out loud

Karan marched straight to where we were dancing and did the most unpredictable thing. Instead of blowing up or causing a scene, he just uttered four words, "May I cut in?"

Jay stared at him and looked clearly annoyed that Karan interrupted our dance. But people around us had started to notice so he politely gave my hand in Karan's hand. Wow, I don't get any say in this at all? What if I don't want to dance with Karan?

Who am I kidding? Of course I would rather dance with Karan than Jay.

I put my hands around Karan's neck and his went straight to my waist. This is the first time that we are this close to each other.

"You didn't need to do that." I said casually.

"Oh please, I saw how awkward you were with him. I totally saved you." He gloated. He was right but I am not gonna admit it and boost his ego more.

I was kinda enjoying this moment and in that moment, I made a mistake of looking at his eyes. Ugh his brown eyes, they look exactly like that chocolate fountain. Yes sue me, I can't stop thinking about that fountain. Where is Parth? He promised to get the dessert with me. He must be busy snagging more clients for Karan.

Take me into your loving arms

I was so engrossed in finding Parth that I was not paying attention to the song we were dancing on.

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

But now that I have attention, it's one of my favorite Ed Sheeran's song "I'm thinking out loud".

Place your head on my beating heart

I took a peek at Karan. Big Mistake!

He was staring at me with weird look on his face. I have seen this look many times on his face and I still can't decipher what it means.

I'm thinking out loud

He is mouthing the lyrics now. What? He listens to Ed Sheeran? And most importantly why does it feels like he his directing the lyrics at me?

Wait, have we moved more close to each other than we were before? Why does it feel like the space between us is decreasing with each passing second.

We were very close to each other now. I could smell his cologne and it was driving me crazy. At this moment I am very sure that my heart is beating like crazy and to add fuel to the fire, his arms tightened around my waist. Woah!!

Maybe we found love right where we are

The song continues and the room suddenly feels hot. Karan's eyes are now trained on my lips. Oh my god, is he going to kiss me? I wouldn't mind at all if he does.

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

Our faces magically appeared closer than they were before and my breath hitched in my throat.

"There you are." And bam, our moment was interrupted by Parth. "Stop dancing and lets stuff our faces with the delicious chocolate syrup and icecream."

I stopped swaying and Karan groaned.

What was that? Is he disappointed that our moment was ruined?

Parth seemed oblivious to the moment we were just sharing and dragged me to the chocolate fountain leaving Karan in the middle of the dance floor.

"By the way, you look beautiful tonight." Parth complimented.

"What do you mean tonight? Don't I look beautiful every day?" I gasped dramatically.