Day 1 - Are we seriously doing this?

"How am I supposed to make him fall in love with me?" I asked that question to myself for the millionth time since yesterday.

"You're gonna figure it out. Don't stress too much." Sara was trying to calm me down. Yesterday when I told her what happened in the meeting, she was speechless for a moment and then she burst out in a laughter. She didn't stop laughing for an hour straight. Yes I'm exaggerating but it definitely felt like an hour to me. Well, at least someone is enjoying my misery.

"It is not that easy. Karan is a very private person and from my research I have found that he is very rude and arrogant. Plus he has not been involved with any girl since he left college so why would he give me a chance?" I whined. Yesterday I did some research on Karan. I read articles published by other magazines and also watched some of his old interviews so that I can know what I'm dealing with here.

In one of the interviews, the host of the show was openly flirting with him. She was very pretty and looked sexy as hell in a red skin tight dress but throughout the interview, he was only focused on answering the questions. When the girl tried to touch his arm in a flirty manner, he gave her a "Stop flirting with me and ask your goddamn questions so that I can get out of here" look.  The girl instantly retracted her hand back and was embarrassed but she hid it well and continued the interview.

Now, I look nowhere near the girl in red skin tight dress. If he didn't look at her twice, why would he be attracted to me? I look pretty good, I don't mean to downgrade myself but I was nervous. And I think there is something else which is holding him back from getting attached to anyone. It was evident from the interview that it's not about the looks. Then the question is, what is he attracted to?

"If you'll think this hard, your brain will explode." Sara teased me as she saw me chewing the back of my pencil.

"I can feel it exploding right now." I held my head between my palms and sighed in frustration.

"Why don't you just ask him what shall you do to make him fall for you?" She said jokingly.

"Yeah because it's so easy, right? I would just go up to him and simply ask." I said sarcastically and glared at her.

Wait.

Something clicked in my mind.

What if I do ask him?

Not directly but I should set up an interview with him and should try to get to know him better. That will help me to figure out my next move. I immediately fished out my phone and googled the number of his secretary.

"Who are you calling?" Sara asked me when she saw a smug look on my face.

"I'm taking your advice." I told her and she raised her eyebrows at me in confusion.

Realisation soon dawned on her and she screamed in excitement, "What? Are you really calling him?"

"His secretary duh." Idiot.

She was about to say something but I cut her off and pointed towards my phone to tell her that it's ringing.

"Hello. I'm shreya from Mukherjee and co. how can I help you?" A bubbly girl chirped on the other side of the phone.

"Hey I'm Aisha from Starlight Magazine and I was hoping to interview Mr. Karan for one of our article. We will feature him in our magazine and would throw a light on his journey of becoming one of the most famous interior designer. Can you guide me how can I get his appointment?" I crossed my fingers and hoped that I would get a positive response from her.

"Please hold on a minute." Shreya said and put my call on a hold.

Sara looked at me as if asking what is going on to which I mouthed "I'm on hold"