Chapter 32 [Meeting The Man]

Varity and her dad are arguing inside while Darton is waiting outside for them to be done. He then notices all the guards starting to stress out, he slowly gets up and grabs one of the men. "Is something wrong? Why's everyone running like that?" He asks and the guard seems stressed. "Unexpected visitors!" He shouts and Darton lets go of the man and he runs away, he looks for the unexpected guest. He notices a very fancy car pull up, he tries to see the person in the car, everyone stands ready, Darton feels like he should warn Varity about this, but he wasn't allowed inside so he doesn't know what to do. The driver gets out and holds the door open, a young man comes out, he has long hair, to his shoulders and is wearing a nice suit. He looks around and then walks to the entrance. He notices Darton not staying in place and glares at him, the pure sight of his face triggered Darton, it pissed him off for some reason, it looked very punchable. "Who are you? Why aren't you standing in place with the others? Do you think you're better than me? Get in place!" He shouts, the guy seems to be moving a lot, constantly changes positions of how he's standing, constantly fixing his suit. 

"I'm not a worker." Darton says. "I'm Va-" He gets cut off. "Ah! Right! You're mrs. Burton's boyfriend right? I knew she aimed low but didn't know she could go this low." He says, his accent pissed Darton off even more, he was okay that Varity had one but this guy was just way worse. "Move aside peasent, go lick my shoes clean or something." He says and walks past Darton, he opens the door and Darton follows the man inside. "Hello father." The man says as he gets the attention from both his father and Varity. "Nicholas? Huh, never thought you'd come back." Divanno said, being quite shocked by his return. He walks to Varity. "Ahh hello, Vary, no wait, Varity!" He says, Varity glares at him, Darton notices that she's uncomfortable near him so he wants to do something about it, but this one sentence that came out of her mouth froze him. "Wow, my brother forgot my name, wonderful isn't it?" She says and her brother chuckles. "Well, when is the wedding again?" The man said and smirkingly looks at Darton. 

Darton thinks it's about them, so he just smiles. "I thought you were going to ma-" Divanno covers her brother's mouth. "Don't you fucking dare say that, they're marrying soon." He says, there seemed to be a lot of family issues, this man seems to be a bother to Varity and her father. "Well, Nicholas, at least I remember your name, why are you here?" Varity asks as she crosses her arms. "I'm here for your birthday! Obviously I wouldn't forget that, I assume my old room is still available." He says and Divanno nods his head, the workers bring in the suitcases from Nicholas and he leaves to go to his room. While he's walking up the stairs he stops and looks at Varity. "Oh, by the way, in my car is a letter for you, get that will you?" He says and then fully leaves, Varity rushes to his car, opens the door and searches for her letter. Once she finds it she goes back inside, she wants Darton to read it as well. She goes back inside and opens the letter, takes it out and reads it. "Congratulations Mr. Burton, we heard your little sister is going to celebrate her birthday soon and will get married shortly after! I hope we are invited to the wedding, because we're inviting you and your sister to our fun dining party tonight." 

Darton looks a little sad because he's not invited. "Don't worry Darty, you're coming with." She says and nudges his arm, that makes Darton smile again. "I didn't know you had an older brother, mind explaining me what happened?" He asks and Varity nods. "Let's take a little walk for that in the garden." They go to the garden, it's a very big garden and Varity tries to think of where to start. "Well, let's start with the beginning, his name is Nicholas Burton, he's my older brother, he's two years older than I am and he's a total prick. He always saw himself better than the rest, if he didn't go first he would hurt people or fake that people hurt him to be number one again. Once he turned eighteen, he didn't get to be the follow up of my dad, because my dad wanted me to be the followup since I was way more mature than my brother. So he moved out of home, angry and he said he would never return, now I'm my dad's followup and he's here for something, I don't know what and I don't know when he'll try it but he's up to something so please, be more around me than usual." Varity explained and Darton nods his head. "I will protect you from anyone who tries to be funny near you." He says, happy that he got a new mission.