Chapter 16 [Regret and Hatred]

Darton asks for a glass, then pays the exact price of the glass and throws it at the guy's head who has his arm around her. He's instantly knocked out, all eyes turn to Darton. Varity glares at him. "Why the fuck are you here? And what the fuck are you glaring at." She gets up and walks to him. "What the FUCK do you think you're doing?!" She shouts and people notice the fight happening and think it's best to leave, so everyone gets up and walks out. "Leave. Now. You boys can fuck her somewhere else." He says, he says, he's very mad at what has happened. "No, I get to have fun wherever I want." He shakes his head. "No you can't." She slightly steps a little closer to him. "Who says that?" She says with a grin on her face. "Just because you're rich doesn't mean you get to do whatever I want, now leave." She walks closer to him, their faces are 30 centimetres apart from each other. "Who said I had to leave? The man who got rejected and is just as pathetic as his never ending nightmares?" One man looks at Varity. "I fought in the war too, am I pathetic as well?" Another man turns around and looks at her. "Me too, what about me?" Darton starts to push the men out. "Varity, leave, now!" She doesn't listen. "You fought in a fucking war and then decide to rather haunt people than be seen as a fucking hero." She says, and Darton manages to push the men out. "Varity, I'm not joking, leave!" She shakes her head.

"No, who do you think I am?!" He looks at her, angered by her. "A bad friend that's what you are. Quite possibly the worst ever. But hey, I wouldn't expect anything else from a posh girl like yourself." She looks pissed off as well and she walks to him and smacks him across the face, he takes it. "And you're the worst person to have ever breathed in this rotten city." She says, the rage can be heard in her voice. He gets triggered and grabs his revolver, he pushes it down her throat. "Say that again." He says, pure frustration in his words. "Y-You.." He looks at her, no emotion, just a straight face. "Speak." He says. "You are the worst person to have ever breathed in this rotten city." He looks at her, pulls the revolver out of her mouth and smacks her hard across the face, knocking her down on the floor, her nose starts to bleed, she gets up, stumbles a bit and her eyes are teary. She looks at him and presses her hand on her cheek. "YOU WERE THE FIRST GIRL TO EVER REJECT ME LIKE THAT! EVEN BETTER YET, THE FIRST GIRL TO GO ON A DATE WITH ME!" He screams at her.

"WELL YOU ARE THE THIRTIETH GUY I'VE DATED AND YOU WERE THE WORST OUT OF ALL OF THEM!" She shouts back and then walks out and goes home. Darton loses it, he punches the wall and then goes into a private room, then screams his lungs out lays down on one of the couches and full on screams and cries, then grabs his hair and hides his face in his knees. Not much later he's drinking himself all the way to hell, and tries to smoke the stress away but nothing works, not much later his friends need to drag him away and try to sober him up. Varity gets home and is immediately helped by the people she obviously doesn't want to tell her dad that Darton smacked her a bloody nose, so she blames it on the other men. Her father thinks it might be best to quit the speed dating and maybe let Varity decide who she wants to date on her own. However, they still need approval from her dad to be able to do things or to be together, and even to marry.