Johnny stopped talking after seeing the hurtful expression in Taeyeon's eyes. "She only told the truth so that I don't end up in jail for something I didn't do just so that she could still sell me after she gets better" Taeyeon asked quietly. His voice felt dry and hoarse. Johnny shut his eyes tight and took a deep breath before nodding. Taeyeon chuckled lightly like a possessed woman. "I'm not surprised, till the end she still despises me" her voice fell down an octave, she felt no emotion.

"I'm sorry" Johnny whispered but Taeyeon shook her head and told him to carry on. "I left that day after speaking a little with her because the doctor said she needs rest. I was going to come back the next day to get her to reveal the truth about the human traffickers. I was preparing for an intense interrogation. That way she would get punished but also we can at least arrest the human traffickers. Unfortunately, the next day I got a call saying that she died."

Taeyeon's breath hitched "But she woke up. How could she have died?"

"The doctors said that she had cardiac arrest but I knew something was off. Your mother injured her head so if she died from excessive brain damage then it would've made sense. I made sure to get post-mortem results and it was found that there was an uncontrolled amount of potassium-chloride injected into your mothers body. Leading to cardiac arrest. She was murdered. The police closed the case because they lost all track of solving it. Without you nor your mother it became an unsolved case. You were not to be found and reported dead and your mother was dead.."

Taeyeon bit her lip, on the verge of a breakdown. No one knows the truth. Her name is classed as a murderer. It's not clear even though her mother reported that her daughter didn't attempt to kill her; it hasn't been told on the news.

Johnny and Taeyong glanced at each other, staying quiet giving the girl some space to process everything. Johnny rubbed her back gently and Taeyong held her hand. "Carry on"

"No, we should take a break. It will be too much to handle. Tomorrow"

"No, I want to listen to it all now, Yong. Johnny please finish off" Johnny looked at his Boss for a split second and back towards the desperate girl and nodded towards her

"I didn't have any way of proving your innocence except for the recording when your mother answered the questions. The police didn't let me give it to the news channels because the case closed and I couldn't move further on to investigate the human traffickers. But then months later a girl came knocking on my door. It was your friend - Han Byeol"

Taeyeon's eyes widened hearing her name.

"She was crying and wouldn't stop. I let her in and waited for to calm down and she told me about how she was your friend. She told me everything that happened. Apparently, you weren't going to school for many days so she visited your house but your mother kicked her out. She told me that she returned back that same day to your house. She was afraid but was going to force your mother to let her in because she wanted to see you."

"But then she saw two men outside your house. In fear Byeol hid and overheard their conversation about your mother selling you. She then understood why you haven't been coming to school. She was going to report to the police but was afraid. She ran home and the next day when she came to school and saw you.

Byeol told me how she was delighted to see that you were ok but she told me that she couldn't walk up to you, scared that you might be mad that she ran away. But then apparently that day you left school. She wanted to chase after you.

She found out from the other students that you killed your mother. She told me that she didn't believe a single word they all said and she bunked school searching for you. But then news about you committing suicide was spread across your school website."