eleven

MAY

Amity watches as clouds float above her, she lays on the gas station rooftop, the wind blowing her hair in her face.

Usually, the only sound up here is the sound of her breathing getting blown into the wind as she takes in the world around her. But today there's someone else's breathing, and someone else's laugh and words.

"So, cloud-gazing or star-gazing?" Luz asks, she's beside her, they watch the sky together, each cloud a unique shape.

"Did you seriously just ask that?" Amity turns her head to Luz.

"Yes," Luz grins, turning to face Amity. "I know, stupid question, uh, first kiss?"

"Didn't you know?" Amity pulls a straight face, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What?" Luz sounds so interested.

"It's my turn," Amity grins, looking back up to the sky.

She feels Luz slap her with the back of her hand playfully, laughing as she does so.

"What's that scar on your back?" Amity stares up at the shapes in the sky, the sun burning brightly behind her.

"Well, I've told a few people since it could get me in some real trouble," Luz starts. "But I went through this portal an there was like witches and wizards and demons, and in order to get back home I had to retrieve the king's crown since it had been stolen, and I got into a fight and they stabbed me in the back."

Amity laughs, but stays quiet awaiting a real answer.

"When I was thirteen, I fell off a tree and landed on my bike," Luz explains. "Fuck, it hurt."

"You fell off a tree?"

"Yes, next question, uh, first kiss?"

"Willow."

"Wait, what?" Luz sits up, obviously a little confused.

"Story time," Amity grins, sitting up as well. "Right, okay, so, we used to secretly date when we were fifteen, and I wrote about it in my diary and I went to the diner when my parents came over, and they snooped because I didn't lock my door and found they my diary."

"Damn, they need some serious therapy," Luz smiles, Amity chuckles through her nose. "This is gonna sound weird, but like, do you wanna take a gap year in Connecticut? While you figure out what you wanna major?"

"Sure," Amity nods, bringing her knees to her chest.

"Great."

JUNE

Amity sits in Luz's car, staring out to the college in-front of her, she doesn't go there anymore, she's graduated as valedictorian.

There's suitcases in the backseat, two are hers one isn't.

She's nervous, she has always wanted to get out of Bonesburough but she never realised how scary it would be.

The driver door beside her slams shut, Luz takes a seat. "You wanna get one last Eda waffle?"

Luz takes notice of how nervous Amity looks and places a hand on Amity's, Amity perks her head up to see Luz giving a small smile.

Amity nods, she's going to miss those waffles.

JULY

Luz does a mean air guitar, Amity joins in with some drums. They're dancing around in Luz's room overcome with laughs and giggles.

SEPTEMBER

"You got me a guitar?" Luz gasps, looking at the guitar-shaped present.

"It's actually a set of drums," Amity jokes, earning a chuckle from Willow and Gus.