three

Of course, this is the one hundredth time Amity has come out to look for the stupid book and it's not here.

Her fingers lay on the shelf, the empty spot where the fifth book should be. She's never wanted something she couldn't have so much in her life.

She'll come back tomorrow, it probably won't even be there, but Amity is not giving up. She still doesn't trust the internet to get her the book quickly without it being a scam, she didn't care if she was being paranoid, or if she could afford to waste money on a scam. She just wanted the fifth book before she ran into another spoiler.

Although the spoiler she had gotten wasn't too bad, it still hurt. She wanted to go in blind, but now she knew that Hecate got a haircut.

She frowns and turns to leave, but Luz is blocking her path.

"If you're thinking about starting Azura you should, it's about this witch who rebels against everything she has ever been taught and then at the end she-"

"No!" Amity yelps, her face turning red and now she wants to melt into the floor and cease to exist.

"No?" Luz has that shit-eating grin on her face, she almost always had it painted on her face. "Are you meaning to tell me that you, Amity Blight has read Azura: the good witch and cares about it enough to not want spoilers?"

"No, I just don't want anyone to overhear, I'm a Blight, we aren't immature," Nice lying skills there Amity.

"Uh-huh," Luz did not look the slightest convinced. "So, if I were to tell you that I had the last book, would you not want to borrow it."

Amity's face lights up for a split second, before she shakes her head and twists her face into the frown she wore so well. "I don't want it, thank you though." That was the hardest thing Amity had ever said.

"Well, then I'll whisper the spoiler into your ear," Luz leans to Amity's ear, that stupid grin spread across her face.

"Fine, I've read it," Amity stops Luz by pressing her finger against her forehead, pushing her away. "But only because I used to read to kids in the library."

"Oh." Luz's grin drops. "You still don't want any spoilers though?"

And that grin came right back.

Amity gives Luz the look, the grimace that makes people shut up, that gave her the reputation she loved so much, the one that gifted her with her very own booth in the diner.

Luz doesn't seem phased, she still has that grin stretching ear-to-ear. "Well, you tell the kids that Hecate a-"

"Stop!" Amity slaps her hands across Luz's mouth. "Fine, I read it!"

Luz gives a smirk this time, pulling Amity's hand off her mouth by pulling at Amity's wrist. "Well, it seems you don't have the fifth book."

Amity could murder Luz right now, she could probably get away with it. Just tell the police it was someone who looked like her and she wasn't even awake, and give them a lot of money. She could get away with it.

"I could lend you it."

Okay, maybe she wasn't going to murder Luz. Maybe after she finished the book.

"Uh, sure," Amity raised an eyebrow, she expects more; something she has to give to Luz in thanks.

"Don't stay up all night reading it, or studying, your test is in a few days, you need sleep."

"I don't need you to look out for me, but thank you for lending me the book," Amity turns around, heading towards the door.

When Luz came over, she had the book in her hand. It has been a while since then, and Amity was finishing up on the book.

She hadn't respected Luz's wishes, it was late at night, very late at night. The sun was beginning to rise, but it was worth it.

There were tear stains on the page Amity was on, and as she turns to another page there's more. Luz seemed to have strong emotions over the book.

She has left little annotations, which Amity like reading more than she would like to admit. Luz can be funny at times, even if she didn't mean to.

Amity flips to the last page, the tear stains aren't there anymore. Neither are the stupid annotations.

It's okay though, she's fine with it, she just finishes the book. It is definitely her favourite out of the series, she was tired though. So, she just put the book beside her and fell asleep. She forgets about the studying she should probably be doing, she's not good at Spanish and she has an upcoming test. But she couldn't care less, right now anyway.

Amity wakes up to the annoying sound of her alarm clock, she hits it so hard it might've broke.

She wishes she could have one more hour of sleep, but she has things to do. School sucks.

Her hand is on auto-pilot, dropping down onto the handle of the drawer on the small bedside table and opening it to retrieve the plastic cup with her toothbrush, toothpaste and floss inside.

She goes to set the cup down on the surface of the bedside table, but she is reminded of the book she had been reading. And the fact she needs to return it.

Her entire body aches as she stands up, leaving the warmth of the covers. She stumbles over to her wardrobe and searches for a shirt, she settles on a white long-sleeved one. She pairs it with some black baggy jeans, and her prizes possession, her converse all-stars. Not before putting on some socks, which are far from plain, but it's fine since absolutely no one will be looking at them.

The bag that's laid on the edge of the wardrobe is flooded with pins. Some she had made herself. She likes collecting them, it gives her something to spend her money on thats useless and dumb. She slings it over one shoulder, grabbing the cup and book on her way out.

Amity likes to do something before going to school, explaining the fact that it's seven o'clock and she's all ready for school as if it's already eight-thirty. She's brushed her teeth and she stands in-front of Luz Noceda's door, waiting for a response to the five knocks she has given.

She gives one more, hearing some movement from the inside.

"Oh, shit!" She hears, some banging that's sure to annoy the person below.

The door swings open, a messy looking Luz revealed.

"Uh, your book," Amity hands Luz the book she had borrowed.

"Amity, I told you not to stay up reading it," Luz frowned slightly, quite the opposite of the face she had mostly seen her in.

"And I told you I don't need you looking out for me," Amity replies, her tone isn't cold, nor is it warm. There's not even much tone.

"Well, thanks, I gotta get ready though," Luz smiles, closing the door.

School is long over, Amity pretty much auto-piloted the entire day. She's on the roof of that abandoned gas station now, rummaging through the box that was neatly tucked under a few bricks. She should probably be concerned that the bricks were loose enough for her to pull out, and that there's probably a reason people don't come up here. But she's not.

Her hands reach the diary she strictly kept up here now. She flips through the book, looking for a clean page. She doesn't even have anything to write, she could just write a stupid story or something. Her eyes come across the ripped pages, that's why she would much rather forget about the diary. Or rather the pages she had ripped out in anger.

But her diary deserves an update, it's been having updates about every little thing that's happened in her life since she was fourteen. She wasn't going to let her parents ruin that for her.

lovers rock - beta lumityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara