"My lady, do you wan—" Jungkook brightly spoke, before stopping his sentence. The two just ignored him and walked past him. They seemed to have a good time also, they were laughing and all. Jungkook's face scrunched in confusion.

Did they not see me or something?

Nevertheless, Jungkook turned his wheelchair around and went towards the laughing pair. "Haeun! Haeun!" He yelled to get her attention, but she suddenly ran?

Jungkook looked at the pair, hurt was evident in his eyes. Did she not want to see me?, Jungkook thought before shaking his head.

No, she's probably busy. I'll come later.

Jungkook turned his wheelchair to the exit and rode towards his room with his head down.

---

"Could you get me the blueberries, nurse Jihoon?" Haeun asked and the nurse helped right her away. "Here you go." He smiled.

"Thanks."

Haeun was currently making blueberry cake for Jungkook. Last time she had made it, he had eaten endless pieces of it till he was full. He loved the cake, and therefore she wanted to make it for him. She wanted to thank him, he has been the bestest friend she had ever had.

She heard his voice calling for her moments ago and panic filled her. She wanted it to be a surprise and therefore she ran when she heard him.

Haeun hoped he didn't hear anything about the cake. It would ruin the whole surprise.

The nurse Jihoon was here to help her. She had needed help and asked Mr and Mrs. Han. Sadly they couldn't come. Mrs. Han had instead asked Jihoon to help her and he of course agreed. The time with Jihoon wasn't awkward at all, he was a nice guy. He even had some jokes he told her and it made her laugh.

"So, who are you making this cake for?" Jihoon asked, looking at her mix the blueberries in the cake mix.

"My best friend." She said. "He has been the best friend I've ever asked for. And I feel guilty. We went on a long walk yesterday and he was probs tired. Still, he brought me inside when I was asleep. I was probably so heavy." She said, while whisking the cake mixture.

"Ah I understand." He nodded. "Do you need help with anything else?" Jihoon asked.

"Well.." Haeun continued telling the nurse what she needed help with and he did what she said.

---

Jungkook had come back to his room sullen after being in the yellow halls. He knew it wasn't a big deal, but it seemed like Haeun didn't want to be with him by the way she ran.

"Prince Jungkook, is there something wrong?" His butler Sungchul, asked. Jungkook shook his head.

"No, no it's nothing." Jungkook fake smiled.

Yeah, it's probably nothing. She probably just needed something, Jungkook kept telling himself.

"Sungchul, how long have I sat here since I came back? Jungkook suddenly asked, which made the butler look at his clock.

"About an hour?" Sunghul hesitantly answered.

She's probably done by now.

"Sungchul, bring me a mask. I'm going out."

---

The sun once again shined on Jungkook's figure as he rode in the yellow halls. The front desk was right infront of him. I could ask where Haeun is.

"Hello ma'am, could I know where Haeun is? I'm her friend." He proudly said. The front desk lady smiled and nodded.

"I believe she's in the kitchen." The front desk lady said and Jungkook thanked her.

She's probably making something delicious!

Jungkook smiled bright and went towards the kitchen.

---

As Jungkook came close to the kitchen door, he heard loud chatting and laughter. He peeked inside and saw Haeun laugh and having a good time with the male nurse.

Jungkook didn't know why, but he got this weird feeling he has never got before. And it wasn't plesant.

He continued to watch the pair from afar.

Jungkook wanted to be in the place of the nurse, he wanted to make her laugh like that. He didn't know why, but he didn't like the way the nurse looked at her. It looked like the nurse liked her or something.

Suddenly the nurse took out a tissue. The nurse went closer to her and, it looks like they were kissing?

Jungkook felt like his heart broke in two. Why did he feel like this?

With a tear sliding down his face, Jungkook turned around and rode his wheelchair towards the garden.

---

Jungkook sat in silence for while in the small garden. The sun was so bright, in contrast to him who was sitting with his head down, fiddling with his fingers.

Everything around him seemed at peace. The flowers on the ground blew gently and small birds were flying peacefully around the garden.

His head was filled with thoughts like 'Why am I feeling like this?' and 'Does she like his company more than mine?'

Suddenly the sound of someone sitting was heard. It broke Jungkook out of his thoughts and he turned his head to look at the person sitting beside him.

"Hello, prince Jungkook."

published: 14/09/21