Part 17: Predator and Prey

"Haha, I don't think that would work but ok" Ranboo says smiling down at Tubbo, he smiles back not daring yo look down at the bottomless pit below. Ranboo sees that they're approaching a large hole in a wall so he pulls Tubbo closer getting ready for anything that's about to come. He sees a ledge right under it so he lets go to land. He puts Tubbo down keeping a hold of his hand before continuing forward. They run forward feeling the wet floor against their feet and they see large chains moving in the distance. They run to a ladder climbing up it to a port hole, they look out squinting slightly at the sunlight beaming in their eyes "wow..." Ranboo says enjoying the feeling of the warm sun on his face "I never thought I'd see it again" Tubbo says sitting down letting his feet dangle over the edge, Ranboo does the same admiring the sparkling water "just 5 minutes... 5 minutes of peace and quiet were nothing wants to hurt us is all I want" Ranboo says adjusting his mask "then let's stay here for a bit... just 5 minutes to forget everything... just 5 minutes alone, together" Tubbo says resting his head on Ranboo's shoulder. Ranboo nods holding onto Tubbo's hand again, they sit watching the waves and listening to the birds, they don't care if they're taking longer then 5 minutes, they're just happy to finally catch a break. Tubbo pulls his tiny music box out of his pocket and he begins to play it while humming along, Ranboo joins in creating a harmonious melody "123, 123, where are we? Where are we? Who am I? Who are you? Let's be friends, till the end. I don't know, where we'll go, but. I. Know. we'll. Make it out together, yes we'll make it out together you and I. You and I" Tubbo sings quietly surprising Ranboo, Ranboo smiles under his mask at Tubbo's singing and he joins in "together we will run, yes together we will run, from here. Together we'll go, oh together we'll go far from heeeeeeere. 123, 123, where are we? Where are we? You know me, I know you we are friends, till the end. I don't know where we're going, but. I. Know. We'll. Make. It. out. Of. Heeeeeeere" Ranboo and Tubbo sing in unison as the music box tune restarts. Tubbo takes a shaky deep breath as he wipes away some small tears "hey, are you alright?" Ranboo asks softly "yeah, Tommy was the one to give me my first music box so the song means a lot to me" Tubbo explains standing up, he smiles offering his hand to Ranboo "ready, big guy?"
"Always" Ranboo says with a smile taking Tubbo's hand.

Ranboo and Tubbo climb up a large chain to an upper part of the ship, they sway and rock in the waves but they make it to the top unscathed. They enter another port hole to a metal beam. Looking down they see a lot of oversized adults clambering around entering another part of the ship. They continue walking forward to a vent, they climb in landing in some metal tunnels. Ranboo pulls some wooden boards off of an entrance letting them both through. They run across a metal pipe to a bridge that the round monstrous people are stumbling on, Ranboo takes a closer look and he recognises them *they are the adults that were waiting for the Maw. They looked starving a few weeks ago* Ranboo signs and Tubbo realises he's right. They slowly climb up the side and Ranboo sees in the distance a man watching the people. He's wearing a old fashioned pilots jacket and dark green bottoms with light brown army boots, his brown hair looks fluffy and it covers his eyes, he's wearing a black fabric mask like Ranboo's and on the top of his head are two small goat horns. He's standing straight with his feet together and his hands behind his back. Ranboo can't see his expression because of his hair and mask. Tubbo sees him as well and he quickly climbs through a hole in the wall, Ranboo follows him thinking about the fact he has goat horns a lot like the ones Tubbo had when he was turned into a beast. They enter a large room with lights in front of them, they jump across them to a wooden platform. They enter a large room with food on tables. They hide under tables as they see people eating ahead, Tubbo gags seeing that they're eating raw meat, luckily they're to preoccupied by their food yo care. Ranboo pulls Tubbo into a small gap but they entered a room filled with people and he just knocked off a bottle. The people gasp and point as they slowly stand "run!" Ranboo yells grabbing Tubbo's hand Pulling him as he runs. The people crawl along the floor as Ranboo and Tubbo keep running "Nononononono! NO!" Ranboo yells as they run into a dead end, Tubbo looks up seeing a window "here!" Tubbo yells pulling Ranboo along to a table, they climb on it narrowly dodging the people and they climb onto a pile of plates. Tubbo jumps to a lantern holding his hand out for Ranboo, he jumps catching Tubbo's hand and they swing to the window just in time. They continue running down the hall as people chase after them. A nome appears pulling Ranboo and Tubbo into a hole "thanks little guy" Ranboo says petting the nome "see! They're not bad!" Tubbo says hugging the nome. They peek out the hole seeing that the people have went back to eating, so they run out onto their tables to reach their escape. The people lunge at them trying to shove them down their thoughts but they climb on a box narrowly dodging them again. They jump to a ladder climbing up and away.

They leap on a platform, over a gap and onto solid ground again, they run around and past people to a ramp, they jump to another lantern swinging to a ledge. They run past a dining hall making more people chase them, one pops out in front of them so they turn back letting him get stuck, they then climb on a box and jump on him to get over him. They slide into a vent falling into a hall, suddenly a chef appears In the lift "OH! NO! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" Ranboo yells running away. They run into a bathroom hiding under a sink. The chef looks around seeing nothing and he leaves knocking down a paint can. Ranboo peeks out checking his surroundings. Tubbo looks around seeing a mirror, he eyes it suspiciously getting an idea "Ranboo, hide"
"Why?"
"Just do it!" Tubbo demands and Ranboo does feeling worried. Tubbo picks up the can throwing it at the mirror it shatters and he dives under the sink. The chef returns, looks around, then leaves. Ranboo and Tubbo look at the mirror seeing a secret passage, there's a chair behind the mirror "it's one way... ew" Tubbo says knowing someone is watching people in the bathroom. They climb up a grate and through a gate to a vent. They walk across a metal pipe and in the shadows they see the chef cooking. They jump down and run to the lift taking them up.

They run through the hall into another room when more people pop out "AHHH!" both boys scream making them run faster. A hoard of people chase after them as the slide under, jump over and sprint around obstacles. They turn a corner to keep running and shelves fall as if they're trying to block their path. Ranboo and Tubbo climb back onto the table running past the people again until they grab a lantern that breaks leading them away from danger. The people behind them fall then stop seeing that they're away.

Tubbo and Ranboo run a few feet ahead before stopping to catch their breath "we lived!" Ranboo cheers "we almost died!"
"But we didn't!" Ranboo cheers again. Tubbo slimes but that joy quickly fades as his stomach churns "NHG! AH!"
"Tubbo? Oh no..." Ranboo says kneeling beside Tubbo "hurts!" Tubbo sobs as he falls to the ground, he curls up into the fetal position as he crys out in pain. Ranboo tries to pick Tubbo up but Tubbo pushes him away as he stands slowly, he takes a few steps forward and Ranboo sees a sausage laying on the ground "Tubbo look!" Ranboo yells Rushing over to it, he picks it up holding it out for Tubbo "Ranboo..." Tubbo growls. Tubbo slowly approaches Ranboo as drool falls from his lips, his eyes are wide and locked on Ranboo like a predator eyeing up its prey, Tubbo is panting heavily as he stalks forward and occasionally growls escape his mouth "hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry" Tubbo growls as he wipes away drool from his lips, Ranboo sees his teeth have become sharp again. Tubbo smiles a wicked smile before suddenly pouncing onto Ranboo knocking him over "What the?!" Ranboo yells as Tubbo growls and groans, Tubbo pulls at the collar of Ranboo's shirt before biting down as hard as he can "AHHHH!" Ranboo screams in pain as Tubbo pins his hands down. Tubbo freezes realising something, he backs away from Ranboo's neck, not wanting to rip a part off of him, and he looks into Ranboo's eyes "you're not fighting back?"
"Why would I?"
"Aren't you scared?"
"Terrified"
"So why?" Tubbo asks beginning to tear up "because I care about you. I told you I was crazy and an idiot... Tubs, you mean the world to me, if there's anyone that I would like to end me it would be you"
"Ranboo..."
"I've figured it out. This place is making you hungry for life force, not food. If you don't get live food you may die, I'm not gonna let that happen, I made a promise" Ranboo says smiling at Tubbo as tears fall from both of their eyes "so do me a favour and show me that smile I love" Ranboo says and Tubbo nods giving Ranboo the biggest smile he can as tears fall down his cheeks. Ranboo sighs as he closes his eyes "Thank you... and I'm sorry" Tubbo whispers before biting Ranboo's neck again, Ranboo yells in agony as Tubbo rips a part of his flesh away, he quickly devours it so be starts licks up Ranboo's blood that falls onto his shoulder. Tubbo starts biting and sucking Ranboo's wound before he realises what he's doing "oh god! Ranboo!" Tubbo yells but Ranboo isn't responding, he's losing a lot of blood "Nonono! No! What have I done!" Tubbo sobs checking his pulse and breathing, his breathing is slow and shaky and his heart rate his slowing "NO! GOD PLEASE NO!" Tubbo screams sitting Ranboo up, he begins to take Ranboo's coat and shirts off to try and bandage the wound but the bleeding won't stop "stop! Please for the love of god stop!"