Part 7: The Doctor Is In

"Hey hey. I'm only strong because you're here" Ranboo says softly kneeling down to Tubbo "if I'm honest, im always scared"
"Really?"
"Yeah! I'm always scared! Terrified even! But I stay strong to keep you from panicking" Ranboo explains petting Tubbo's head gently. Tubbo smiles blushing a little as Ranboo stands.

Ranboo leads Tubbo out of the mask room to a room with shelves filled with towels and someone it behind them picking up things, Ranboo crouched down watching the large figure move behind the shelves, he takes a deep breath walking forward to crawl under the shelves. Ranboo sees a large man on the ceiling moving about like a monstrous spider, Ranboo grabs Tubbo quickly running away as the man in doctors clothing follows them through a surgical room. Ranboo and Tubbo run to a part of the hospital where patients sleep hiding under beds as the doctor crawls past from above. They crawl under more beds seeing the doctor play with maniquens, Ranboo picks up a toy block crawling back to a door he saw and Tubbo keeps a look out for him. Ranboo throws the block at a button on a door and it opens loudly making the doctor crawl over, Tubbo hides under a table but Ranboo doesn't have time to hide so he Runs "I'M SORRY" Ranboo yells to Tubbo as he dashes away, the doctor is right behind him and he slides under him going under a bed, the docter has lost sight of him, annoyed he crawls away. Ranboo peeks out seeing he's gone and he runs back to Tubbo "you ok?"
"Yeah, are you?"
"Perfect. I'm sorry I left you- I- I had to run- it was-"
"It's ok Ranboo, I understand" Tubbo says taking a hold of Ranboo's hand "let's go" he says pulling Ranboo into the room he ran out of.

The climb up a cabinet into a vent disturbed by the sudden silence. Ranboo can see the doctor below crawling about using holes in the vents to move. Exiting the vent they find themselves on the destroyed part of the upper floor, Ranboo jumps down using a bed to cushion his fall and he turns holding his arms out to catch Tubbo softening his landing more "I got you" Ranboo whispers helping Tubbo down gently "thanks" Tubbo says stepping down. Ranboo sees a open morgue and he pulls out the table finding a box inside, Tubbo Pushes it it back in sending him to the other side of the morgue. Ranboo climbs up tables with bodies on then climbing to a key on a cabinet. Ranboo climbs back in the box calling to Tubbo to pull him through and he does.

Ranboo unlocks a door seeing more bodies. He climbs and jumps across them, then he enters a vent climbing up. He soon sees the docter again so he slides under a table with Tubbo, Ranboo leads Tubbo out as the doctor plays with rotting corpses. Tubbo boosts Ranboo into another vent. Ranboo looks for a way to get Tubbo in. He climbs up a ladder, walking on the upper floor again, he jumps down grabbing a switch that switched off a body's life support. The docter crawls in tending to the body as Ranboo runs back to Tubbo climbing up on a morgue table making a bulb fall. Ranboo picks it up and puts it in a socket, it makes a loud noise and the doctor comes crawling over.

"RUN!" Ranboo yells taking Tubbo's hands as he runs away. The docter knocks over shelves and Ranboo pushed Tubbo so he doesn't get hurt, Ranboo runs yelling sliding under and through shelves narrowly avoiding getting crushed. Ranboo can see the doctor is right behind them. Ranboo drags Tubbo under a shelve and the doctor crawls in front of them, slowly crawling away the two boys run away but the doctor hears chasing after them again. Ranboo climbs up into the furnace from earlier "TUBBO THE DOOR!" Ranboo yells and Tubbo closes the door Ranboo crawls under the docter escaping from the furnace and he sees the switch, he flips it and screams erupt from the furnace "SUCK ON THAT CREEP!" Ranboo yells pointing at the furnace "WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE! IT'S ALL BEEN BURNING SINCE THE WORLDS BEEN TURNING!" Tubbo sings hopping around making Ranboo laugh and join in singing. Ranboo and Tubbo sit warming up by the heat when they decide to leave. They go up a lift then run through a waiting room. They climb through a window leaving the hospital entering the rainy Pale City once more.

Ranboo takes Tubbo's hand leading him down an alleyway and through a train station and Tubbo let's go off Ranboo's hand fiddling with something "you holding up ok Tubbo?" Ranboo asks "yeah, it's just my bandana. It's coming loose" Tubbo explains holding the red fabric, Ranboo kneels down taking a hold of the bandana wrapping it around Tubbo's face tying it in the bandit style "there. It shouldn't move and it will keep your face warm" Ranboo says smiling under his mask "thank you... it was Tommy's before he got taken" Tubbo says looking at the floor "he gave it to me saying that when we meet again I can give it back"
"You think he's still out there?"
"I don't know... but it's become my lucky charm now. I don't want anything to happen to it" Tubbo says sitting on a bench "what was Tommy like?"
"He was loud and brave, he was one of the first people who showed my how to survive when I first got here. He made me smile and laugh but in the end he put himself in front of me and he got taken" Tubbo says trying to steady his shaking hands "do you know where he is?"
"No. All I know is they were going to a place called the Maw"
"Creepy" Ranboo says sitting next to Tubbo wraping a arm around his shoulders "after we get out of here I promise you we'll find him" Ranboo says holding out a pinkey finger "I Ranboo, promise on my pinkey, to protect you with my life and find your friend Tommy" Ranboo says making Tubbo smile "and I Tubbo, Promise on my pinkey to do the same for you" Tubbo says locking his pinkey with Ranboo's. Ranboo stands looking around for shelter when he hears Tubbo yawn "sleepy again are we?"
"Shut up, I'm still growing" Tubbo says looking annoyed, Ranboo chuckles walking over "you can't sleep here it's raining" Ranboo explains getting to eye level with Tubbo "I've slept in worse situations" Tubbo says rubbing his eyes. Ranboo sighs leaning down wraping his arms under Tubbo's arms "Ranboo?" Tubbo asks and Ranboo picks him up "there we go!" Ranboo says holding on to him "Ranboo put me down I'm not five!" Tubbo yells in protest "calm down. You can sleep in my arms in till we find shelter, then you can get a proper sleep" Ranboo explains tucking his arms under Tubbos legs for better support and Tubbo slowly nods resting his head on Ranboo's shoulder letting him arms go limp as he closes his eye. Ranboo smiles as he walks further down the street carrying Tubbo. Tubbo's soft sleeping sounds make Ranboo chuckle a little "you must have been tiered" Ranboo whispers to himself as he continues walking slowly not caring if he gets wet, Ranboo gets the idea to hum a little tune, he decides to hum the Tune of Tubbo's music box when they first met and the moment he does Tubbo snuggles into him more in his sleep "cuuute" Ranboo whispers before continuing to hum.

Ranboo sees a house in the distance so he slowly walks towards it humming happily. Inside seems to be a simple house. Ranboo walks up the stairs taking Tubbo into a room with a comfy couch. Unfortunately there is a man with his head in a tv but Ranboo ignores it placing Tubbo on the couch gently. Tubbo shivers at the loss of contact and Ranboo gets an idea, he takes off his jacket ringing the water out, he then places it over Tubbo like a blanket while still humming his tune. Ranboo closes the door quietly and he sits down taking off his mask, he shivers a little at the cold coming in through a window but he doesn't mind. Ranboo leans against the door crossing his arms letting himself drift to sleep content with his work "good night Tubbo. I love you" Ranboo whispers falling asleep.

Tubbo's eyes flutter open as he yawns. Rubbing his eyes he  feels something over him, looking down he sees Ranboo's jacket which makes him shoot up. He looks around not recognising his surroundings, it's still dark out side even though he's sure he's been asleep for hours "Ranboo?" Tubbo asks looking for him and he spots Ranboo against the door with his arms crossed snoring gently. Tubbo chuckles seeing his friend had carried him all the way here. Tubbo stands, holding Ranboo's jacket, and he walks over to Ranboo sitting down beside him covering the both of them with his coat. Ranboo's head falls onto Tubbo's and Tubbo rests his head on Ranboo's shoulder smiling, Tubbo holds Ranboo's hand gently as he falls back to sleep "Tubbo?"