Part 5: Pale City Hospital

"Your smile, it's nice. It suits you" Tubbo says smiling "oh, using my lines huh?" Ranboo says laughing leaning closer smiling "their the best lines" Tubbo says sleepily giving a big yawn "someone's sleepy" Ranboo points out "a little" Tubbo says rubbing his eyes "I haven't slept in... days?" Tubbo asks himself sitting back resting his head on the wall closing his eyes "rest Tubbo, no one is going to find us here" Ranboo says sitting beside Tubbo as he begins to dose off to sleep. Ranboo looks around for some form of entertainment while he waits for Tubbo. Ranboo sees a soul child walk over shivering, Ranboo eyes them suspiciously and they speak "h-hello?" their voice isn't like the others, static or broken it's just a normal voice of a little girl "hi?" Ranboo says sitting up "do you know the thin man?"
"Uh who?" Ranboo says tilting his head slightly "do you know the way to the hospital?" She asks softly. Ranboo thinks looking down at a wet news paper seeing it's location "just ahead, about a mile"
"Thank you" she says walking away "weird" Ranboo mumbles to himself when he feels a warmth on his shoulder. Looking down he sees Tubbo resting his head on Ranboo's shoulder, Ranboo freezes seeing him and his face feels hot. Smiling, Ranboo rests his head on Tubbo's head holding Tubbo's hand carefully, slowly falling asleep.

Tubbo rubs his eyes feeling a lot warmer. He then spots Ranboo's mask has slipped down around his neck and he sees Ranboo holding his hand. It's not the first time Ranboo has held his hand but this time feels different, gental, calming, compassionate and loving, Tubbo can't help but admire Ranboo's appearance. Ranboo's eyes begin to flutter open and Tubbo shuts his eyes pretending to be asleep. Ranboo looks down at Tubbo seeing his sleepy face, he leans down lifting Tubbo's hair off his face giving him a soft kiss on the forehead. He then quickly fixes his mask as Tubbo pretends to wake up again blushing "Ranboo?"
"Ah, morning Tubbo"
"You ok?"
"Yeah! I'm fine! Sorry if I woke you" Ranboo says turning to him "no no I was already awake" Tubbo says then he realises what he said "what" Ranboo asks clutching his mask "I mean I was waking up anyway! I was mid sleep when you were moving about so I would have woken up anyway!" Tubbo says a little panicked not realizing how red his face is. Ranboo chuckles standing up "alright alright, I believe you" he says helping Tubbo up.

Tubbo helps Ranboo out into an alleyway with his new rain coat. They climb over a wire fence and into a vent leading to a large building "the hospital..." Ranboo whispers to himself as he "how do you know?" Tubbo asks tugging at his hood "oh, I saw it in a news paper. Pale City Hospital" Ranboo says looking up at the building. They enter through a window into empty room, the light of the moon lighting up the area in an oddly peaceful glow. Moving forward Ranboo sees shelves and hospital beds scattered on the floor "must be abandoned" Ranboo says remembering the soul child. They crawl under a bed appearing on the other side of a jail cell with a figure inside "first we tackled the modern education system and now we're tackling the modern health system" Ranboo says making Tubbo laugh "don't like hospitals Ranboo?" Tubbo asks laughing "Tubbo, have you been in a hospital. The food sucks, the beds are uncomfortable, the nurses do whatever they want and you need to pay a huge bill!"
"You need to pay a huge bill. I got free health care"
"What? How?!"
"I'm not from here... Don't ask me how I got here, I just remember waking up cold and alone years ago, and where I was from, health care was free" Tubbo explains trying not to remember the first few days he was in this strange world "hey it's ok. You're not alone now, I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I made a promise and I intend to keep it" Ranboo says smiling "I couldn't protect you once. I'm not letting it happen again" Ranboo says looking down at him "Ranboo that wasn't your fault"
"Yes it was! I was too brash, I let my guard down and you got taken by those... things!" Ranboo yells slamming his fist onto the ground "I let you get hurt... I lost you" Ranboo says looking at the floor "you didn't lose me Ranboo, I'm right here. It wasn't your fault and you know it" Tubbo says cupping Ranboo's face with his hand caressing his cheek with his thumb "we're going to make it, together" Tubbo says looking into Ranboo's eyes "yeah, ok, you're right" Ranboo says taking Tubbo's hand off his face holding it tight.

They reach a door and work together to open it. On the other side is a giant hole with beds hanging in mid air by rope. Ranboo holds into Tubbo pulling him away from the egde "careful"
"Will do big guy" Tubbo says looking down and Ranboo chuckles "that will never not be funny" Ranboo says shaking his head. Ranboo looks around and jumps onto a bed, Tubbo follows soon after and Ranboo catches him on the bed softening his landing. They then climb up the back of a bed to a cloth rope "you holding up alright?" Ranboo asks Tubbo below him "yes, I'm ok" he replys climbing up. They jump across some platforms to a window entering a dimly lit room with a light in the wall and a desk next to it, Ranboo takes out the light and the door closes but now they're in darkness. Ranboo takes the bulb to another entry point for it and the lights come back on and a door opens.

Ranboo enters the door landing on top of a lift, it's groans and creaks at his weight and Ranboo can feel it giving in "come on! Get down" Ranboo calls and Tubbo jumps down and he spots a vent "here!" He yells pulling Ranboo through just as the floor beneath them falls. Ranboo and Tubbo crawl through into a dark room and in the centre is a flashlight "oh thank god!" Ranboo yells picking it up "Tubbo look!" Ranboo yells turning around switching it on "Ah!" Tubbo yells covering his eyes and the sudden bright light "oops sorry" Ranboo says rubbing the back of his head. Ranboo looks around seeing beds hidden by the black sheet of darkness. They guide their way to another hall with hospital supplies and he reaches a door  and on the other side is another hallway with a wheelchair and beds.

Soon they reach a lighter room with surgical supplies. Ranboo picks up a jar checking were Tubbo is first then he throws the jar at a button on a door opening it. Ranboo enters the room seeing a Tv turned on. Ranboo can't help walking towards it. He passes body's in chairs and on the floor to the Tv, his ears are ringing again and his head hurts he believes it's killing him.

"Ɽ₳₦฿ุุ?"
            "₳ⱤɆ ɎุɄ ₮ⱧɆłⱤ Ɽ₳₦฿ุุ?"
     "ⱧɆⱠ₱ Ʉ₴"

Ranboo places his forehead on the screen and his hands focusing on the static "Who are you?" Ranboo asks looking in the screen.

"ɎุɄⱤ Vł₵₮ł₥₴"

"Ranboo don't" Tubbo begs "they're here for a reason, I can feel it" Ranboo says stone faced "this is dangerous. Last time something tried to take you"
"You'll just have to save me again then" Ranboo says turning to Tubbo giving him a wink as his hands sink into the screen. Ranboo sees the hall again and he slowly starts walking towards it.

Tubbo sits watching Ranboo carefully waiting for the danger when the Tv shakes violently again, as soon as that happens Tubbo pulls Ranboo out and he gasps for air again "see, I knew you'd save me" Ranboo says smiling nervously and Tubbo gives him a disapproving look.

Ranboo looks around seeing the body's are really maniquens "creepy..." He says grabbing Tubbo's hand "yeah... very creepy" he agrees leading Ranboo past the stairs to a well lit room with an x-ray and x-ray photos. Ranboo sees a photo of a teddy with a key in it "we'll need that at some point" he says flipping a switch dropping the curtain off the x-ray. The x-ray turns on and Tubbo walks behind it showing his bones "yo! That's cool!"
"Yeah! Nothing like a bit of radiation to start your day!" Tubbo says cheerfully making Ranboo laugh. They enter a side room seeing it's a children play area. Ranboo picks up every teddy he can find, with the help of Tubbo, bringing them to the x-ray. Ranboo sees the bunny has the key and Tubbo picks up the teddy "how do we get it out?"
"I dont know. Let's bring it with us"