Part 11: Into The Maw

Ranboo is running.

Running as fast as his long legs will allow.

But this time, he isn't running away.

He's not hiding under a log holding his breath cowering in fear.

He's running right into the maw of the beast,

With the one he loves.

Determined to find a lost companion, who he has never met.

Ranboo and Tubbo sneak to the docks checking the date on the poster, it's arriving today. They hide behind a crate avoiding people who look starving drooling at the mouth looking out at the sea hopeful. Ranboo and Tubbo empty their pockets looking at what they've gathered. A dull pocket knife, a lighter, bandages and leftover food. Ranboo begins signing with his hands to talk to Tubbo, he's been teaching him some rough sign language in case they couldn't talk freely *this should be enough for now and we will search for food on the boat. Ok?* Ranboo signs and Tubbo nods signing *ok* back. Ranboo peeks over the crate again and he sees a large group of children of all ages, height, colour and all with different features gathered around the adults, they look more human then those bigger then them. The oldest look to be fifteen to sixteen while the youngest look to be one or less, the older kids are carrying the younger who don't seem as scared, maybe because they don't understand what's going on. Ranboo ducks back down signing to Tubbo what he saw *what do you think they are doing with the kids?*
*do not know* Ranboo signs looking nervous. They sit and eat small parts of their rations waiting for the Maw. Ranboo sits Reading the poster signing to Tubbo with one hand, Tubbo has been picking up sign language very well considering it's only been a week, *come to the Maw where your hunger will be satisfied. Relax at our dining area while we serve your evey wish big or small. We are so good you will never want to leave. Signed your captain The Man*
*weird*
*very weird*
*The Man? What kind of name is that?* Tubbo signs and Ranboo shrugs also thinking the name is odd. Some time passes and they take turns napping when Tubbo hears a loud horn sound off behind the fog in the ocean, looking up he sees a giant half sphere sail towards the dock slowly, it's a dark green colour with lots of windows, light pours out of the windows. Tubbo shakes Ranboo awake pointing to the ship. They wait watching it sail into the dock and a large door opens letting the people inside, some people connect the ship to the docks with large chains. They wait for when the people walk away and they gather their things and run to the chains climbing up.

They enter a hole in the ship and travel through dark tunnels to a dark room with a suitcase with a pillow at one end and some fabric as a blanket, there's some food beside the bed. Someone else has been here before. For the next week this has become their base of operation for gathering info and supplies. It took three days for all the guests to enter the Maw and the children haven't been seen by either of the boys since they first entered the Maw which bothers them both. Ranboo and Tubbo take turns leaving the room to explore and find food but they never travel to far before coming back to the base. They realise the Maw is massive and they won't find Tommy working like this. Ranboo wakes up one morning on the bed like usual cuddling Tubbo and he nudges Tubbo awake "I'm going out now, I'll be back" he whispers "You better be" Tubbo says looking at him as he leaves the small exit. Tubbo sits up humming his music box tune awaiting Ranboo's return like always when he sees some things that the end of the bed that weren't there yesterday, picking them up he sees one is a fabric mask that only covers the nose and mouth, the left half is black and the right half is white, very similar to Ranboo s old mask, Ranboo told Tubbo he lost it. The other is a closed box, Tubbo tries to open it but it won't budge.

Ranboo returns seeing Tubbo playing with the mask and the box "what you got there?"
"A gift for you" Tubbo says smiling up at Ranboo holding out the mask "oh Tubbo, I don't know, it looks like... him" Ranboo says remembering the thin man "oh ok" Tubbo says looking disappointed and Ranboo sighs taking the mask putting it on "well? What do you think?"
"Looking good" Tubbo says giving Ranboo a quick wink, Ranboo blushes giggling but his new mask hides the redness in his cheeks "th-tha-thank you" Ranboo says looking down. Ranboo sits next to Tubbo seeing the closed box "it won't open" Tubbo complains handing it over to Ranboo and Ranboo pulls out his knife jamming it in the lid, he struggles to open it and when it does the blade snaps off "oh" Tubbo says "that's not good" Ranboo says looking at the broken knife "oh well" he says throwing it over his shoulder. Inside the box is a tiny silver box with I crank at the side, when Tubbo turns it, it plays his favourite song "A music box!" Tubbo says happily picking it up "I told you it get you a new one, didn't I?" Ranboo says chuckling. Tubbo puts it in his pocket and Ranboo clears his throat to get Tubbo's attention and let him know he's about to talk about something serious "Tubbo we can't stay here for much longer, the longer we wait the more likely Tommy is going to be served on a silver platter" Ranboo explains holding Tubbo's hand "we need to leave here and go further into the Maw. We're running out of food sources here anyway" Ranboo explains further "I understand" Tubbo says adjusting his hood. Gives Tubbo the lighter "I have a strong feeling you will lead us this time" Ranboo says smiling at Tubbo. Tubbo stands taking Ranboo's hand and he takes one last look at the area he has come to call home.

Both of them walk through the small exit and Ranboo hears something shuffle behind them but when he turns around he doesn't see anything. Ranboo tries to ignore it walking beside Tubbo. He sees a lamp ahead and Tubbo puts his lighter in adding an extra light source Ranboo pulls open a hatch in front of them holding it open for Tubbo who crawls in giving Ranboo a nod. Ranboo follows him into the dark, Tubbo has to turn off his lighter going under water droplets but he quickly flicks it back on. They drop down walking across a large set of stairs that they've crossed before, they reach the top and They crawl under a gap seeing a brown couch and Tubbo figdets with his hands turning off the lighter knowing what's about to come "hey it's ok, you don't have to look, I'll guide you" Ranboo says softly taking Tubbo's hand. They climb on a bed into a vent landing in a room where a tall, thin man is hanging by a rope around his neck. Ranboo shudders seeing him and he leads Tubbo away while he has his eyes shut. Ranboo let's Tubbo know they're past and he opens his eyes seeing wooden planks below him "thanks..."
"Any day" Ranboo says following Tubbo. Tubbo spots a fridge with red hand prints on them and Tubbo opens it seeing shelves that could be used as a ladder, they climb up onto a ledge. Tubbo leads Ranboo up and along and Tubbo sees black slug like creatures fall from the roof "ew what the heck it that!" Ranboo yells stomping on some that get to close and Tubbo waves his lit lighter at them scaring them away "huh, they hate fire" Tubbo points out pulling Ranboo closer to him. They run to a lever and pulling it opens a door, they peer in holding hands getting ready for what's about to come "no turning back now"
"Yeah. No turning back"