Part 9: The Cycle

"This isn't going to be easy" Ranboo says jumping down. He runs away up into a window seeing a store, crawling around Ranboo sees electrocuted water on the lower level and decides to pull a shopping cart along to a fence where he sees a switch on the other side. Ranboo climbs up, careful not to fall, pulling the switch. The lights turn off making the water safe to traverse through. Ranboo pulls the cart to a tv and he runs through a door climbing up on a table and he crawls through a vent landing back to the switch. Ranboo pulls it letting the electricity turn on and the tv turns on. Ranboo jumps onto the cart wobbling as it moves, then he jumps into the tv.

He appears in a house again and he leaps out a window landing on a ledge. He sees many people with distorted faces down an alleyway twitching unnaturally, two are watching a tv, Ranboo turns it off and runs away as the two chase him screaming. He sees a tv in a window and he runs in turning it on. The people run to it ignoring Ranboo "good mindless... goblins?" Ranboo says walking away slowly. He turns on the other tv and he walks through but it smashes behind him and he pops out at the shop tv breaking that one too. The people scream and Ranboo runs furthar into the shop. He climbs on a table jumping to another, he leaps into a room filled with turned on tv's and the people get distracted. Ranboo turns a corner but the people are smashing the tv's breaking the wall down, they chase Ranboo more down the hall. He sees a tv and he jumps in.

He flys out of the tv, it exploding behind him, and he finds himself in another house which is broken and crumbling. Ranboo runs up a window and he sees a tv, a shadow appears looking a lot like Tubbo "TUBBO!" Ranboo yells running over, Tubbo places his hands on the screen and Ranboo pus his hands where Tubbo's are trying to enter the tv, his hands slip through and he grabs Tubbo's hands pulling as hard as he can "COME ON!" Ranboo yells sweat dripping from his head. Ranboo pulls Tubbo's head out and his legs "RANBOO I-" before Tubbo can finish a large black hand grabs him pulling him in, Tubbo screams as he's pulled into the tv "NO!" Ranboo yells running over to the tv banging on it "TUBBO! I ALMOST HAD YOU!" Ranboo yells tears streaming down his face again "I almost had you" Ranboo says sitting on the floor, suddenly two large hands appear on the tv and the thin man crawls through. Ranboo runs to a door picking up an axe and chops the door down entering it.

He climbs up into a window and another. He finds himself under an attic floor boards. He crawls away slowly cursing his fear for not getting the idea to attack the thin man with the axe, there is a hole in the boards and the thin man looks in turning left and right, Ranboo holds his breath shaking in fear. On closer inspection of the thin man Ranboo can see he has no mouth or nose, and his ears are long, pointing out from the sides of his head, the crown at the top of his head had red and green gems in it matching his eyes. The man leaves and Ranboo can hear another tv.

He crawls along slowly checking the thin man isn't around before landing on a pile of rubble. He jumps out a window landing in a hall. He pulls a crate to a window and he sees the thin man slowly approaching. Ranboo struggles to pull a wooden board off the window and the thin man is nearly behind him "come on..." Ranboo mumbles to himself pulling harder. The board flys off and Ranboo run in just as the thin man slams his hand down onto the crate.

He lands on a steep ledge and he slides down because of the rain, he falls onto another ledge with a thud and he sees a drop at his feet as he's sliding down. Ranboo jumps grabbing onto a train, looking behind himself Ranboo sees he's been sliding down a train. Ranboo climbs up running along the train jumping onto another. A door open and the thin man is standing there ominously "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Ranboo yells running away down the train. Ranboo sees the thin man teleport towards him quicker than his walking pace so, Ranboo leaps onto another train. Ranboo climbs up on a box further into the train as the thin man is closing in. He leaps off the train onto another, he leaps up onto a lever that opens a door and with his momentum he flys ahead away from the thin man, he slides under a door and he sees a lever, pulling it the trains separate, Ranboo looks up catching his breath and he sees the thin man staring there look annoyed, Ranboo's train rolls away and it starts getting faster and faster Ranboo turns around seeing a wall but before he can do anything the train slams into it causing Ranboo to be lunged forward hitting his head off the train, he rolls off the train losing consciousness, his vision is making the world blurry and Ranboo can see a yellow figure looking down at him saying something "Tubbo?" Ranboo asks as his vision fades.

Ranboo feels a throbbing pain in his head causing him to wake up. Feeling his head Ranboo feels a large lump, luckily his mask saved him from getting a broken skull. Ranboo stands slowly stumbling as he does and he stumbles away from the train wincing in pain feeling a sharp needle like sensation in his legs, his vision is still a little blurry but better then earlier, Ranboo looks up from the ground seeing soul Tubbo in front of him "Tubbo..." Ranboo says reaching out to him But he's just ahead "Tubbo" Ranboo says again his voice cracking as he does, soul Tubbo leads Ranboo up a ledge and Ranboo walks up a flight of stairs lit by the moon light. He climbs a ladder slowly wincing at the pain in his legs, arms and head. Water pours down from above landing on Ranboo's mask and Ranboo sees the faint outline of a drainage cover, pushing it with what little strength he has, he sees a rainy alleyway, the light of the tower and the moon illuminates the area beautifully. Ranboo rolls onto the floor panting heavily recovering from the hard work. Ranboo is fighting not to pass out again but the cool air, cold rain and the beautiful lighting is making it challenging "I need... to get... Tubbo" Ranboo says shakily pulling himself to his feet. He walks slowly towards the tower and lights flicker around him like a warning. Slowly, one foot at a time he fights forward. Lights violently flicker around him and the thin man appears "you..." Ranboo says unclasping his mask him not being able to focus on him with his eyes with it on, he's serious now. He stumbles towards him slowly letting rain fall on his face washing away all fear and doubt, the thin man teleport in front of Ranboo and a voice speaks in Ranboo's head "hello child"
"Where's Tubbo..." Ranboo asks sternly "that brat? Why do you care about him?" The Thin man asks tilting his head "is it because he is a necessity? A friend? Or perhaps... a love?" The Thin man says squinting his eyes at Ranboo, he can tell that the thin man would be smiling if he had a mouth "he is nothing but a burden, a lost cause and a traitor"
"Shut up" Ranboo says holding his hand out focusing on the thin man and he does the same "so brash, so naive, so... foolish. You truly are a child" the thin man says calmly "turn around now and I'll spare you. I do not want you to go through what I have"
"I said, shut up!"
"Fine. Have it your way, you will learn soon enough" the thin man says focusing on Ranboo.

Ranboo reaches his hand out closing his eyes and he can feel his hand land on something. He concentrates as hard as he can and the thin man twitches as he is pushed away, lights pop as the thin man falls to the floor. He stands holding his hand out "please remember Ranboo, we have been through this before, over and over in a never ending loop" the thin man says focusing on Ranboo "STOP LYING!" Ranboo yells pushing his hand out again making the thin man twitch uncontrollably again and he falls again. Standing up the thin man looks more desperate "Ranboo, Tubbo will betray you! Just like how he betrayed me! Save yourself now! Break the cycle!" Ranboo freezes at hearing the words "break the cycle..." Ranboo says to himself "break the cycle!" Ranboo yells to himself "that's what they've been trying to tell me!" Ranboo yells in realisation "yes yes! Now you understand" the thin man says sweating "break the cycle Ranboo"
"I will" Ranboo says with a smirk pulling his fist back "NO!" The Thin man yells lunging over but Ranboo slams his fist into the invisible wall and with the sound of shattering glass the thin man the thin man disappears "I will break the cycle, for Tubbo, not you"