Part 2: A Silent City

"Tubbo. You can call me Tubbo" the boy says quietly hugging himself for warmth "Tubbo huh... I like that name"
"Really?"
"Yeah. It suits you" Ranboo says turning to him and just behind Tubbo he sees tall buildings "land"
"What?"
"Land! There's land!" Ranboo yells paddling the door with his hand towards the city in the distance.

The door hits land and they climb off looking around, Tubbo spots another soul child and he waves but it disappears when he does, Tubbo frowns at it fading away.

Ranboo takes Tubbo's hand leading him into the city, they walk down an alleyway looking for a place to go "where are we" Tubbo asks "I dunno" Ranboo replies holding his hand tighter. Tubbo smiles at the act looking down at his and Ranboo's hand intertwined together, the only form of comfort he's had in months.

Ranboo leads Tubbo around a corner checking all directions to see if it's safe "come on..." he says looking down at Tubbo through the eye holes in his paper bag. Tubbo looks up meeting Ranboo's eyes with his, Tubbo notices Ranboo's eyes are different colours, his left eye is a vibrant almost unnatural green and his right is a dark chocolate brown, it's hard to see his pupil in the sea of brown "your eyes..." Tubbo says reaching up to them. Suddenly Ranboo's other hand grabs a hold of Tubbo's as he looks away "please don't..." he says softly letting go of Tubbo's wrist. Tubbo looks up at him in a understanding way but also a look of concern "okay... I'm sorry"
"Don't be... I'm the one acting weird- I just- I don't want to-" Ranboo stops himself from finishing the sentence taking a deep breath "let's go in here..." Ranboo says pulling down his paper bag.

They walk and climb into a window entering a office. Having a quick scout about Tubbo sees a bundle of clothes on a chair as if someone was sitting their "huh... that's odd"
"Yeah, very" Tubbo says examining the clothing "have you ever read the bible?"
"Uhhh, What does that have to do with odd clothes?" Tubbo asks confused about the odd question "well there's a part in it where people become naked and fly to heaven" Ranboo begins scratching his face under the paper bag "I thought you might have an idea about what's going on with that info"
"I'm not much of a reader..." Tubbo confesses pulling at his shirt in embarrassment making Ranboo chuckle.

They pass the room entering another filled with broken tv's "hey Ranboo?"
"Hmmm?" Ranboo hums in response "have you noticed how quiet it is?" Tubbo says and Ranboo realises it has been dead quiet, no birds squealing in pain, no rats hitting their heads off the floor and no wind or breeze to mention "now that you mention it, yeah! It is oddly quiet!" Ranboo says looking around for any sign of life other than tv's and clothes but all he finds is a window and Tubbo kneels down again cupping his "come here tall guy!" He calls making Ranboo laugh, his laugh is loud, it's contagious, his laugh brings something to a room and fills people with something Tubbo hasn't seen in a long time, Joy. "tall guy? What?" Ranboo pants through laughter "Would you rather I call you big guy?" Tubbo says with a smirk "HAHA NOO! Not big guy! HAHA!" Ranboo laughs and coughs gasping for air as he walks over to Tubbo "hooo, hooo boy. I haven't laughed that hard in forever" Ranboo says leaning down to Tubbo getting eye to eye "thank you" Ranboo says with a kind tone making Tubbo smile. Ranboo climbs up onto Tubbo and gets thrown up into the window. Ranboo looks around seeing a large hole in the floor and a noose dangling above it tied to a tv on one side of it, on ether side of the hole is a tv, Ranboo climbs up on one jumping to the noose, he swings hitting the other tv with his feet.
Swing. BANG! Swing. BANG! Swing. BANG! Swing. BANG! Goes Ranboo and the tv in till CRASH. The tv falls taking the rope with it. This makes Ranboo zip up quickly "Ahh!" Ranboo yells not expecting it to go so fast. He hears Tubbo yell up in consern "YOU O.K?!"
"YES I'M FINE!" Ranboo yells back and he hears a loud sigh of relief. Ranboo smiles knowing Tubbo has quickly grown to care for him but the pleasant feeling fades as he realizes that getting attached in this place is dangerous, Tubbo's friend Tommy can testify to that.