63: A Monster Needs Another Monster

Aeiou and Zed reached the school before the bell rang. However, upon reaching their classroom Hansel was nowhere to be found.

The bell rang again for their lunch.

The chair clanked when Zed stood from his seat. He cracked his neck and gritted his teeth silently. He was pissed.

At this point, Aeiou was also worried. Hansel have Presidential duties, but he never miss his class.

Zed walked towards Aeiou's table and sat his bum on it. He said, "He's avoiding us."

Aeiou sighed heavily. "He's probably hurt."

"And he's probably scared of what I would do to him once I saw him." Zed interrupted.

"He still doesn't know that I told you. Maybe there's something else."

"Tsk."

Silence.

Once Aeiou raised his head, he witnessed Zed's sharp glare piercing at the door. He guessed waiting for Hansel to finally appear. This is bad. Aeiou thought. "Zed, please don't be harsh on him," Aeiou pleaded.

Zed shifted his glance elsewhere. "Aggressiveness won't do any good and so avoidance. So if he avoids me, I'd be aggressive to get him. I'm going to get to him, that's it."

Hearing that, Aeiou did not know what to feel. On one hand, he was worried that Zed might hurt Hansel, while on the other hand... was the desire to be Hansel this time. To be the guy Zed wanted to chase today. To be the guy running back and forth on Zed's head. This is bad. Aeiou would rather be away from Zed for some time, but for some reason, he envied Hansel this time. Jealous.

"Don't be jealous though." Zed stated out of the blue, as if he read Aeiou's mind.

"What? Huh! Who's jealous of whom?"

Zed brought his gaze at Aeiou's face and, without hesitation, he whispered. "The gay one."

"The... what?"

"Ah... Aeiou." Heather suddenly appeared on their side.

Aeiou jerked his head to his back and met Heather's smile. Aeiou was about to say something when Heather looked over him and looked at Zed. Heather pointed to Aeiou and asked, "Can I talk to him just for a while?"

Aeiou gazed at Zed with a surprised expression, "People now need to ask permission from you before they talk to me? What the fuck?"

Zed did not mumble anything. He rolled his eyes away and crossed his arms
Silenced, turned, and blank stare. Angry Zed would be protest by glaring fiercely. A calm one would gaze away—but not leave—which meant Go on. Be careful though, I'm still listening.

Seein this, Heather's sweet voice went on, "Are you free, Aeiou? I kind of need another set of eyes to look at my homework," Heather asked.

Aeiou's mood suddenly lifted up. Now, he had the chance to negotiate those pictures Heather took earlier. "Sure. If you delete our pictures on your phone, then I will!"

"I'll do it." Zed suddenly interrupted. "I scored higher than Aeiou in General Mathematics. I'll do better than him. Keep the pictures." Zed casually said to Heather.

Aeiou gritted his teeth.

A flash of curiosity flashed on Heather's eyes. "Oh, that's nice, brother. But how did you know Aeiou's score. I mean that's like something the teacher didn't announce. I know you guys were close but isn't it too close for you to know each other's..."

Aeiou quickly stood, "Okay that's it. Go on and help Heather." Aeiou pushed the two step-siblings away.

Once the two were off, Aeiou sighed. Too close.