28: Goodbye

"So Mister Nuevas is... absent?"

"We saw him walking out of the building, Sir."

After the bell rang for their recess, Aeiou stretched his hands above his head and plastered his cheek onto his desk.

Heather and Angeline appeared beside him. "Aeiou, let's eat?" 

Aeiou raised his head and was able to force a smile. "I'll be right behind you."

The two exchanged looks. Heather looked at  Aeiou and she gulped, it was as if she wanted to say something but held it back. They both walked away. Aeiou stared at their figures as they  talked lowly on each other's ears. 

When Aeiou couldn't see the two anymore, he leaned his back to his chair and crossed his arms crossed. His legs were fidgeting. He looked at the empty seat in front of him.

Where did he go?

For two straight periods, his mind was drifted to the thought of Zed.

"FUCK YOUR MANIPULATIVE ASS! YOU DON'T KNOW THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOU!"

"Keep those feelings to yourself because I don't want to hear it and DON'T COME NEAR ME AGAIN!"

Is he angry because he though I'm using him to get girls? Aeiou finally realized it. But why? What's so bad about using your friend's influence to get a girlfriend? Everyone does it!

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOU!"

Aeiou shook his head. The way he felt for me? There's no way he's gay. Aeiou laughed like a  crazy man. In the end, he couldn't find any answers to his questions. So he thought about it deeply, deeply that he surprisingly started questioning himself. Maybe I said something wrong. I'm such an asshole. Wait, Aeiou Revelderio, should not feel this way! I'm the victim here. But why the fuck am I getting this troubled!? Aeiou scratched his head. 

He lingered on his seat for a good while then eventually stood up, determined to look for Zed's whereabouts.

I'm gonna fucking laugh at his sensitive ass. He should know there's nothing wrong about guys asking for a friend's help to get a girlfriend.

He roamed around the HUMSS building, there was no Zed. He walked inside the gym, there was no Zed too.

Shortly after, Aeiou reached the cafeteria, but there was still no hint of Zed Nuevas.

 An exuberant and cheery voice then came from behind. "Aeiou!" Aeiou turned his head and saw  Heather and Angeline waving at him.

Aeiou smiled and walked towards them. He sat next to Angeline.

"Aeiou my girlie! Where have you been?" Angeline asked.

"On my la ah ah ah ayf," Aeiou jokingly answered before his expression changed. "Don't call me girl, bitch."

Angeline raised his hands. "So feisty, you seemed pissed today."

Heather interrupted, "Yes. Yes, What happened last Friday night with you and Zed?"

Aeiou was taken aback. "H-huh? N-nothing we just talked and then we are now friends."

Heather squinted her eyes and leaned forward. "Friends? Hmm..."

"Why?"

"Nothing." Heather shot Aeiou an unreadable look.

Aeiou ignored it and stared roaming his eyes around.

The three of them talked for a good while, conversing on how great Aeiou during the Friday night was.

After a brief conversation, Aeiou turned his head to Heather, who was now carefully swiping through her phone with here eyes beaming with love. Aeiou summoned his courage and asked a question.