40: I'm Still Sorry

"I'll sit here while you eat it."

"Just don't do anything stupid."

Once Aeiou had his clunch on the box of donut, his anger gradually vanished. Finally, finally, finally! Deserve!

He put the box on his lap and flipped the cover open using his free hand, and  Aeiou couldn't help but to gulp and smile. 

Meanwhile, sitting leisurely on the side of Aeiou's bed with his hands inside his pocket, Zed stared at the gentle smile on Aeiou's face. Zed smiled unconsciously too. 

Once Aeiou bit one of the donuts, yellow liquid spread onto his lips, it was a Bavarian filled donut. "Now that's moist and creamy... wow."

For some reason, Zed's stomach churned from the sight. He immediately turned his head away and gulped. He was not sure if he's tempted to the Bavarian filling or tempted to something else. 

When Zed's peripheral vision saw Aeiou finally wiped his lips, he turned his head back and stared at Aeiou again. Zed did that for a good while and examined the guy. "Say, don't you feel any pain in your body?"

"Why are you asking?" Aeiou looked at a donut in his hand. "Did you put poison in these donuts?!"

"Not poison. But something creamy."

"Something creamy...?" It only took Aeiou a second to think to know what Zed was talking about. What else could be creamy that Zed could put inside these donuts that Aeiou won't notice? "ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY!?"

"I see. You're a pervert."

"What?! How the hell was I a pervert now?! You're the one joking about putting cum in these! You're... joking right?"

"I am joking. But how the fuck did you immediately jumped into cum without thinking of other creamy substance? It's the first thing that came into your mind. Hahaha..." Zed chuckled. "Pervert."

Aeiou choked. "You!" He gritted his teeth and looked away. "Fuck you!" 

The atmosphere fell into silence. Truly, Zed just wanted to make sure Aeiou wasn't feeling ill. But Aeiou immediately accused Zed of putting poison in those donuts. Honestly, what can I do to make him realize that I care about him and his welfare? Zed thought. Will he ever trust me? Forget it. I need to give him time to process things. We went from enemies to friends.

Ultimately, Zed was convinced that Aeiou was fine. The only thing that bothers Zed was how Aeiou was seemingly fast to recover. It could be Aeiou had some sort of healing powers or maybe Aeiou could even hide the physical pain he was feeling with his smiles. Or maybe Aeiou was just fine and Zed was just overthinking things.

***

Looking at Aeiou's joyful expression as Aeiou eat the remaining donuts, Zed knew that a box of donut was not enough to satisfy Aeiou, so Zed did not bother to even ask for one. Zed would buy more donuts if he could, but he couldn't anymore. He was broke.

Zed took one milktea instead and drank it. The liquid inside disturbed the ice and the perals below it. It was a small sip of a rose scented milktea yet Zed can fell his serotonin jumping wildly already. This is sugar, and this is fattening. I wonder how Aeiou doesn't get fat from drinking these.  Zed was about to took another sip when the cup on his hand disappeared.

Zed turned his head to the culprit. "What?"

Aeiou had the clunch on the milktea while guarding the box of donut on his lap. Aeiou just woke up from passing out yet he was remarkably agile already. Even Zed didn't see Aeiou's hand when it took the milktea on his hand. If Zed did, he might have evaded.