30: Manipulator

After the confrontation with Mariah, Aeiou went back to the restaurant and bumped at Angeline and Heather at the door.

Angeline crossed her arms and on top of her voice she spat, "Where have you been?"

Aeiou pointed his side, to the school gate meters away, and said, "I left my wallet at school." He put his other hand inside his right pocket and pulled out his wallet. He wave it in front of Angeline's face and smiled convincingly. But honestly, it was there all this time. He was just lying his way out of the interrogation.

Quickly, Heather pointed out, "Your eyes look red, is everything alright?"

Aeiou looked away, then he scratched his eyes. "Yeah. Something got on my eyes. Um... is Jake still there?"

"No, he and Hansel ran outside ten minutes after you left," Heather said. "Actually, with their faces filled with fear, we thought something bad happened between you and Zed again. But since..." It might just be Aeiou's imagination but Heather was smiling deviously, "...the both of you now have a good relationship we finished our food first. Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly but her eyes were beaming with light.

"Yeah, everything's good. What do you mean good relationship?"

Someone slapped Aeiou's arm. "We overheard something from the other table about what Zed said earlier to the students. That no one should touch you or else he'd get back to them a hundredfold," Angeline took one step forward and squinted at Aeiou. "I wonder why he is protective of you now..."

Suddenly, two hands clasped Aeiou's arms. When Aeiou looked where it came from, he saw Heather staring up at him with widened eyes. 

"Aeiou, look in my eyes. What happened between you and Zed? Hmm?"

"Oh... umm... umm... well, um...the truth is I also doesn't have a mother so... I guess... I guess Zed felt like he wanted to... umm... protect me? As a brother."

 Heather looked at Angeline, then she looked up at Aeiou's head. "You don't have a mother too?"

"Yeah. She left me to my father after she gave birth to me."

Angeline pulled Heather's hand off Aeiou. "There's no way they kissed, maybe you drank a lot that night and you started seeing things."

Aeiou raised his hands in defense and feigned disagreement, "We really didn't kiss. We just talked."

Heather took a deep breath and finally looked down. "Okay. I guess I'm wrong... Sorry." She turned her back and walked away gloomily. 

Watching her back fade to the distance, Aeiou sighed internally. 

He looked down and saw two eyes with purple and red eyeshadow prying at him.

"What, Angeline?"

"You guys really didn't kiss?"

Aeiou snickered loudly. Then, he rolled his eyes away feigning annoyance. "We didn't. Why would we?" He lied. "Ask Zed... no don't ask him. He's a liar." He lied."  Honestly, with you and Heather forcing that we kissed, this might go around the school and become a baseless rumor because someone overheard it." He lied. "No. We didn't kiss, and everything else who says so are liars," Aeiou spat those lies as if he was puking casual words.